Summer 2022 only has a few Saturdays left. How will you spend this one?
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (August 20) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope have a good one.
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Chinatown Summer Nights -> KCRW’s signature summer concert series continues this Saturday with the second 2022 edition of Chinatown Summer Nights. Expect food trucks, video projections, chef demos, and plenty of DJ-spun tunes to dance to. Runs 5 p.m. to midnight. Get more info here.
Hollyhock Lawn Party -> After a pandemic hiatus, Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Hollyhock House reopens starting today, and to mark the milestone L.A.’s Department of Cultural Affairs is hosting a public lawn party at Barnsdall Park this Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m. Expect a performance by the Bob Baker Marionette Theater, DJ sets, free hot dogs (while supplies last), a craft station, and more. Free to attend. No RSVP required, but space will be limited. More info here.
DOGgust Celebration at PetSpace -> PetSpace’s annual birthday celebration for shelter dogs is back this Saturday with plenty of dog-friendly activities, including a splash pad, plus food trucks on hand to feed the humans and a half-dozen doggies vendors offering gift options for your pup. Admission is free. Runs 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. More info here and you can RSVP directly here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- 818 Day festivities continue at Westfield Topanga all weekend long.
- Grand Performances welcomes Iranian-born pianist Kamyar.
- The first annual ‘Welcome To Melrose Hill Block Party’ pops up near Melrose and Western.
- The Shops at Mission Village in San Marino will host their End of Summer Stroll this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tender Fest comes to The Wallis.
- Apple TV+ brings a special interactive pop-up to the lawn at The Americana at Brand on from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday.
- KCON, he traveling celebration of Korean music and culture, comes to to Crypto.com Arena and the L.A. Convention Center on Friday through Sunday.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!