Should be a cloudy (but hopefully rain free) Sunday in Los Angeles. How are you going to spend it?
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (January 8) in L.A. followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you have a good one!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Oshogatsu Family Festival -> Ring in the Year of the Rabbit this Sunday at the Japanese American National Museum’s annual Oshogatsu Family Festival. Admission to the festival is free, and visitors will enjoy cultural performances, crafts, live art, candy sculptures, kids activities, and mochitsuki a traditional rice pounding demonstration. More info here.
Afro Bowie at Teragram -> a Sunday, Teragram Ballroom and Kentyah celebrate the legacy of David Bowie by pairing a funk-driven exploration of the Bowie catalog alongside a 3-D and VR immersive installation called The Cube. The talented lineup of performers includes Tunde Adebimpe (TV On The Radio), Vernon Reid (Living Colour), Angelo Moore (Fishbone),Justin Warfield (She Wants Revenge), Norwood Fisher (Fishbone), Chris Dowd (Fishbone), and Tony Austin (Kamasi Washington) Tickets for the all-ages show are $32. Doors open at 6 p.m. More info here.
Causeway at The Aero Theatre -> This Sunday, American Cinematheque hosts a free screening of the new Jennifer Lawrence film Causeway at The Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. Lawrence stars as a U.S. soldier who suffers a traumatic brain while deployed in Afghanistan and then struggles to adjust to daily life upon her return to the states. Screening starts at 7:30 p.m. and will include special guests TBD. Note that a RSVP does not guarantee a seat. Seats are allocated first come, first served. More info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Some of the city’s best seasonal lights programming continues through January, and Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for select dates. Get savings of $8 to $16 on tickets to Lightscape at the L.A. Arboretum, $8 off tickets to L.A. Zoo Lights: Animals Aglow, or savings of $20 on tickets to Nat Geo’s King Tut Experience.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach offers free admission every Sunday.
- Check out Japan House LA’s Life Cycles exhibition (free admission) before it departs after January 15.
- Visit the Forest Lawn Museum in Glendale (free admission) to see the Bob Baker Marionette exhibition.
- Booptown at Boomtown Brewery is pet adoption event offering an afternoon of adoptable pets paired with food trucks, local vendors, bakers, art, and pet treats.
- The Setup offers a night of outdoor comedy at Culver City’s Citizen Public Market.
- The L.A. Zoo’s holiday lights programming pivots toward Lunar New Year with special activities every Friday to Sunday from January 6-22.
- Top Golf continues this weekend at Dodger Stadium, offering ticketed visitors the chance to drive golf balls off of the concourse level and onto the field aiming at various targets.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!