What’s does your Sunday in Los Angeles look like? We’ll help you paint the picture.
In view for today in L.A. you’ll find CicLAvia in South L.A., Art at the Airport in Santa Monica, a block party in the Arts District, Our Shared Future at Japanese American National Museum, and more. Scan the full rundown below, starting with one good recommendation using public transit.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
CicLAvia – South LA – M FA > L.A.’s signature open streets event carves out 6 miles of walkable/bikeable road in South L.A. this Sunday, with a car-free route along Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd from Crenshaw to Central Ave. The day-long event features (per usual) multiple activity hubs and plenty of local gems to explore along the way. Runs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Get more info here.
Go Metro: Access the route by stops along three different Metro lines, including the A, E, and K Lines.
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Art at the Airport – FA > Art at the Airport is a gallery open house event happening on Sunday featuring the works of 20+ artists on display at an airplane hangar the Santa Monica Airport. The event is free to attend and will also include refreshments, music and free parking. Runs 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. More info here.
Our Shared Future Los Angeles at JANM – M FA > On Sunday, JANM will host a free program titled “Cross Cultural Cuisine: The Art of Bringing People Together.” This afternoon event features engaging conversations with restaurateurs, chefs, entrepreneurs, and culture commentators, exploring cross-cultural influences on ethnic cuisine in America. Following the discussion, there will be a reception catered by The Park’s Finest. The event is free to attend but tickets are required. More info here.
Holiday Block Party – M FA > On the first Sunday of December, Makeshift Muse brings their brand of curated vendors to the Arts District for a block party holiday event, featuring food, music, and goods for purchase. Both Rose and Traction avenues will be closed and 50+ local brands will dot the streets ready for you to explore unique gifts. There will be festive bites and seasonal beverages at both Truly LA and Angel City Brewery. Free to attend. Runs 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Holidays at Greystone brings a two-day activation brings a festive slate of activities to Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills this Saturday and Sunday.
- The Parachute Holiday Village in Culver City invites the public to explore 40+ curated brands in a European holiday market-inspired setting. FA
- On Sunday, LA Plaza will host “American Latinos in Hollywood: Struggles and Achievements in the Film and TV Industry.” M FA
- The LA Zoo and Cosplay For Science Present a Fantasy Inspired Bioblitz at Los Angeles State Historic Park. M FA
- LA Made Presents: Self Help Graphics at 50 at Los Angeles Central Library. M FA
- Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree: A Holiday Kick-Off at The Original Farmers Market runs from 2 to 7 p.m. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!