Sunday is another hot one in L.A., so if you decide to spend it inside on the couch under fan, I can’t blame you. But if not…
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (September 25) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope it sparks something fun!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Simon Rodia Watts Towers Jazz Festival -> Sunday’s Jazz Festival at Watts Towers features a 5-hour lineup of jazz performances and vocal stylings, along guided tours, a drum pavilion, access to Noah Purifoy and Charles Mingus galleries, gardening activities, a food court, and arts and crafts vendors. Free admission. Starts at 11 a.m. Get more info here.
LA River Fest -> On Sunday, the Friends of the Los Angeles River host an evening film festival at L.A. State Historic Park dedicated to all things LA River. Expect food trucks, DJ-spun tunes, activations and giveaways, plus screenings of films that highlight the river’s cultural, historical, and ecological connection to the community. Free to attend. Runs 5 to 9 p.m. Get more info here.
Smorgasburg, Paramount+ & Beavis and Butt-Head -> To celebrate the return of Mike Judge’s Beavis and Butt-Head, Paramount+ has teamed up with Smorgasburg to make a play at breaking the world record for the largest plate of nachos, this Sunday. The current Guinness World Record holder stands at 4,689 pounds, set by the University of Kansas back in 2012. The Beavis and Butt-Head nacho platter will be made with chips, jalapeños, beans, and cheese. After the attempt to break the record, nachos will be distributed to Smorgasburg attendees for free. Nothing will be wasted as leftovers will go to partnering organizations that serve the Los Angeles community after 4 p.m.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Other Art Fair showcases a curated selection of over 140 independent artists at The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica.
- The Hammer’s free Family Flicks Series screens School of Rock at 11 a.m.
- Join Pause Studio in El Segundo this Sunday for a donation-based morning wellness reset sponsored by Liberate in partnership with Corepower Yoga.
- The Los Angeles Chocolate Salon 2022 Comes to Pasadena.
- Santa Monica’s free Americana in the Park series concludes with jazz tunes from Jacob G. and the Score.
- The Los Angeles Times Food Bowl Night Market wraps up a third and final day at Paramount Studios with a Backlot Brunch.
- Boomfest brings live music, vendors, and food trucks to Boomtown Brewery for a free afternoon party in DTLA.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!