Need plans to finish your weekend?
The outlook for this Sunday in Los Angeles includes find Dino Fest at Natural History Museum, Abbot Kinney Festival in Venice, Americana in the Park in Santa Monica, a community celebration at Clockshop, Masters of Musical Whistling International Festival at Barnsdall Park, and more. Check out all your options below!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Dino Fest at Natural History Museum – > Dino Fest returns to NHMLA this Sunday for a day of celebrating the prehistoric giants that once ruled the earth. Expect to see rare specimens from NHM’s permanent collections, partake in hands-on activities, shop dino-themed merch, and more. Dino Fest is free with paid admission ($7-$18) to the museum. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the E Line to Expo Park / USC station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Abbot Kinney Festival – FA > After a four year hiatus The Abbot Kinney Festival returns this Sunday, taking over a 3/4 mile of Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice Beach with over 300 vendors, live music, beer gardens, food trucks, kids zones and more. Admission is free. Runs 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. More info here.
Americana at the Park – M FA > Santa Monica’s Americana in the Park series is back for the whole month of September, offering free concerts on Sundays at Gandara Park. This weekend features an afternoon of roots eclectic folk rock with Steve Postell’s Night Train Music Club. McCabe’s Guitar will host a special pop-up show too! Runs 4 to 7 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Community Launch: Take Me to Your River – FA > This Sunday, the multi-disciplinary arts orgization Clockshop hosts a community launch for Take Me to Your River: A Cultural Atlas of the LA River, a three-year collective history and cultural mapping project of the Northeast LA neighborhoods that surround the Los Angeles River. The program runs 1 to 4 p.m. in Elysian Valley, and is free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Head to ROW DTLA this Sunday for a DineLA Takeover at Smorgasburg, featuring exclusive deals and mouthwatering creations from a variety of vendors.
- Pacific Opera Project brings free performance of Hansel & Gretel to Kings Road Park in West Hollywood on three separate weekends this month, including this Saturday and Sunday. FA
- The L.A. International Ukulele Festival returns to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, Saturday and Sunday.
- The Other Art Fair continues its four-day event at The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, featuring a curated selection of over 140 independent artists.
- On Sunday, The Hammer Museum hosts a free Family Flicks screening of Inventing Tomorrow. FA
- Catch the final competition for the Masters of Musical Whistling International Festival at Barnsdall Gallery Theater. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!