Did you catch that little chill in the morning air? Is that autumn that’s finally arrived? We feel it too, and we’re absolutely digging it.
For this Saturday in Los Angeles, you’ll find a Hispanic Heritage fest in Inglewood, Illuminate the Night in Frogtown, a free opera simulcast on the Santa Monica Pier, the Westchester Arts & Music Fest, the L.A. International Ukulele Festival, and more. The full rundown starts… now.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
City of Inglewood Hispanic Heritage Festival -> This Saturday, the City of Inglewood hosts an Hispanic Heritage Festival spanning a portion of Market St. in Downtown featuring live bands, mariachi, local vendors, a classic car show, and plenty of food options. Runs 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and free to attend. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the K Line to Downtown Inglewood station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Illuminate the Night – FA TP > On Saturday, Elysian Arts Collective will host an evening of festivities that highlight the Taylor Yard Bicycle & Pedestrian Bridge with exhibits and performances, light installations along the LA River Bike Path in Frogtown and a literary lounge showcasing Los Angeles poets, and more to be announced. The event starts at 6 p.m., and if you want to come earlier in the day you can head over to the neighborhood to check out the Frogtown Flea Crawl, which runs from noon to 6 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Blue Bunny Glam Your Fam Photoshoot -> In celebration of the official last day of summer this Saturday, Blue Bunny invites everyone to a complimentary ‘Glam Your Fam’ photoshoot event at The Grove in Los Angeles. From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., near the statue on Level 1, attendees can have their pictures taken by the renowned Tom Tuong from Tom’s One Hour Photo Lab, capturing the essence of the ’90s against nostalgic backdrops. First 50 arrivals get free disposable cameras, and Blue Bunny’s Minibars, Twist Cones, and Mini Swirls will be offered to all who stop by. More info here.
LA Opera Live Broadcast of Don Giovanni on Santa Monica Pier & La Mirada Park – FA TP > Enjoy an enchanting evening under the stars when the LA Opera presents a live (and free to attend) simulcast of Don Giovanni at two locations this Saturday. Grab a few blankets and lawn chairs, pack a picnic, and enjoy outdoor screenings at Santa Monica Pier or La Mirada Community Regional Park. This event is free and welcomes guests of all ages. Show starts at 6 p.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- This Saturday’s Westchester Arts & Music (WAM) Block Party is a day-long community event benefiting local non-profits.
- The San Pedro Festival of the Arts pops up at Peck Park this Saturday for an afternoon of performances from over a dozen local dance companies, showcasing a variety of styles.
- Pacific Opera Project brings free performance of Hansel & Gretel to Kings Road Park in West Hollywood on three separate weekends this month, including this Saturday and Sunday
- The L.A. International Ukulele Festival returns to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, Saturday and Sunday.
- Burbank Pride presents the second annual “Family Pride in the Park” on Saturday, from noon to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, The Other Art Fair continues its four-day event at The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, featuring a curated selection of over 140 independent artists.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!