First, yes, the ridiculous heatwave continues. If you need immediate relief, check out this list of resources (including a map of cooling centers) created by L.A. County. And if you’re still interested in getting out of the house today…
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (September 4) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Stay safe out safe, and have a good one.
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Bob Baker Marionette Theater: Hooray LA! -> First performed over 40 years ago, Bob Baker’s enduring tribute to the city of angels comes to The Ford this Sunday with a performance featuring dozens of hand-crafted marionettes, taking the audience through iconic moments in the history of Los Angeles. Tickets start at $10, but you can get up to two free child tickets with every adult ticket purchased. More info here.
Americana in the Park -> McCabe’s Guitar Shop and the City of Santa Monica team up for a series of free concerts held at Gandara Park every Sunday in September. All events run 4 to 7 p.m., and are free to attend. See the full lineup and get more details here.
Objects of Desire -> The Los Angeles County Museum of Art opens a new exhibition today that examines the evolution of photography in advertising since the 1970s. Objects of Desire: Photography and the Language of Advertising will be on view through December 4 at BCAM, Level 2. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Fiesta Hermosa offers three days of live music on multiple stages, a food fair, maker’s market, carnival, petting zoo, tarot readings, and more.
- LIFE CYCLES at Japan House Los Angeles features a massive, on-site installation made from thousands of hand woven bamboo strips.
- The Museum of Latina American Art in Long Beach offers free admission every Sunday.
- 626 Night Market is back at Santa Anita Park for Labor Day weekend.
- Maestro at the Movies celebrates the 90th birthday of iconic composer John Williams with LA Phil concerts at The Hollywood Bowl.
- Cinecon celebrates its 58th year by heading to Hollywood Legion Theater this Thursday to Monday.
- The Broad Humor Film Festival continues at Look Dine-In Cinema in Monrovia through Sunday.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!