Presumably you’re reading this because you’ve yet to decide whether to brave today’s heatwave or retreat to the sanctuary of your (hopefully) air conditioned apartment/home. Maybe this rundown will make the difference.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (September 2) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Whatever you decide on, stay cool!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
National Cinema Day -> Movie theaters really want guests to come back to in-person viewing. How bad? This Saturday, for National Cinema Day, over 3,000 theaters nationwide will offer $3 tickets for screenings in all formats, including IMAX. Regal, AMC, and Cinemark are all participating. Just watch out for those booking fees! More info here.
Grand Performances + KCRW Summer Nights -> This Saturday, Grand Performances teams up with KCRW to host performances by Allison Russell and ÌFÉ, along with a DJ set from Raul Campos. Free to attend, no RSVP necessary. Runs 6 to 10 p.m. at California Plaza. More info here.
Back to the Valley -> A brand new Back to the Future film screening event transforms the Van Nuys Civic Center into “Hill Valley” for just one night, this Saturday.. Expect a Cafe 80’s food court, movie cars on display, a live performance from The Flux Capacitors, raffle giveaways and more. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for kids. Get more info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Fiesta Hermosa offers three days of live music on multiple stages, a food fair, maker’s market, carnival, petting zoo, tarot readings, and more.
- Taste of Japan in celebrates Shin-Sen-Gumi’s 30th anniversary through food samples, live entertainment, anime cosplay, cultural activities and more.
- Check out Rooftop Cinema Club’s “Summerween” screenings at ROW DTLA.
- 626 Night Market is back at Santa Anita Park this Labor Day weekend.
- Maestro at the Movies celebrates the 90th birthday of iconic composer John Williams with LA Phil concerts at The Hollywood Bowl today and tomorrow.
- Cinecon celebrates its 58th year by heading to Hollywood Legion Theater this Thursday to Monday.
- The Broad Humor Film Festival continues at Look Dine-In Cinema in Monrovia through Sunday.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!