As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$9.00] Ocean’s 11 (the 1960 original) screens at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts to celebrate Frank Sinatra’s 100th birthday (Saturday).*
2. [$5.00] Vidiots 80’s Party (Saturday)
3. [$3.75] The New Girl Expo in DTLA (Saturday).*
4. [FREE] The California Harley-Davidson Family is presenting a movie night featuring the motorcycle documentary, Why We Ride (Friday).
5. [FREE] The Grove’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony (Saturday)
6. [FREE] Inglewood Open Studios (Saturday-Sunday).
7. [FREE] Civil Coffee is offering FREE Coffee at their grand opening (Saturday).
8. [FREE] The Springs Arts Collective is throwing it’s 3rd Anniversary Annual Art Show at the Last Bookstore (Saturday).
9. [FREE] The Patchwork Show, a modern makers festival in Long Beach featuring local craft and food makers plus live music (Sunday).
10. [FREE] The Hollywood Sign Summit, a big group hike to the sign (Sunday).
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.