As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this (holiday) weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$9] The Man Who Fell to Earth at The Aero Theatre. FRIDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$9] Camellia & Tea Festival at Descanso Gardens. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
3. [FREE] Pre-Valentine’s Day Psychedelic Silent Disco Party With Happy Hour at FIG@7th.. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Creamistry will open in Alhambra this Friday, February 10 ready to serve free made-to-order liquid nitrogen ice cream, prizes. Oh, and did we mention free ice cream? Get some from 4 to 6 p.m. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Dance Yourself Clean at The Satellite. Free before 10 p.m. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] KCHUNG News Radio: Performance Now presents Simone Forti, News Animations at The Getty. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can). SUNDAY
8. [FREE] For kids: 826LA@Hammer: LIST-O-RAMA: The Easiest Poem You’ll Ever Write. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Angel City Brewery’s Anti-Valentine’s Day Bash: Broken Hearts Circus. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Dance Sundays with Debbie Allen & Friends returns to The Wallis with a special FREE Flamenco Dance session led by Briseyda Zárate. The class welcomes all ages and levels. Just remember to wear shoes with a hard sole. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- A Prince Tribute: 9th Annual MojaMoja Brunch & Benefit Concert in Hollywood. SATURDAY
- 8th Annual Edwardian Ball at the Globe Theatre in DTLA. SATURDAY
- Mortified: Doomed Comedic Valentine’s Show in Hollywood. SATURDAY
- Cupid’s Undie Run at The Victorian in Santa Monica. SATURDAY
- The Original Vintage Fashion Expo at The Reef in DTLA. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.