Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Feb. 10 to Feb. 12) includes pre-Valentine’s Day Quiet Clubbing, a tea festival at Descanso Gardens, Cupid’s Undie Run, a Roaring Twenties speakeasy party, the Chinatown Firecracker Run, Time Out LA’s Grilled Cheese Metldown, and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday February 10th, 2017
1. The Great Horror Movie Nights at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park kickoff for 2017 this Friday with a screening of Carrie (1976). The event will feature plenty of pre-show entertainment including games, prizes, and roaming scare-actors. Discount tickets are available via Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. Arts Brookfield at FIGat7th is hosting a psychedelic pre Valentine’s Day quiet clubbing party with three DJs, and graphics from the Signs of Life art exhibit. FREE
3. The Street Art House pop-up gallery heads to The Hangar from Feb. 4 through 10. Attendees will get a chance to view and purchase street artists’ original works from around the globe. Participating artists include WRDSMTH, Skyler Grey, Hagop, and more. FREE
4. Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatre in Hollywood all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Creamistry will open in Alhambra this Friday, February 10 ready to serve free made-to-order liquid nitrogen ice cream, prizes. Oh, and did we mention free ice cream? Get some from 4 to 6 p.m. FREE
6. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. The Inspiration LA Vintage Show returns to The Reef in DTLA (Feb. 10-11) for two days of vintage-oriented exhibits with one-of-a-kind merchandise from the 1900s to 1980s sold by vintage sellers from all over the country and from Japan!
8. Lady & The Tramp is back on the big screen at the El Capitan Theatre (Feb. 10-19) Moviegoers can enjoy this classic love story of two pups falling in love while sharing a delicious plate of spaghetti and meatballs for a limited time only! Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. One Love Cali Reggae Fest docks at the Queen Mary in Long Beach (Feb. 10-12) for three days of dancing to your favorite reggae music on a Los Angeles’ historic cruise ship.
10. Every Friday in February Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This weeks theme is Prohibition Era Cocktails.
11. Santa Monica’s Aero Theatre presents a screening of The Man Who Fell To Earth. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Every Friday in February, the Norton Science Museum in Pasadena will host “Unexpected Romance” a film series centered around romance. This week the 1941 film Ball of Fire will be screened.
14. Want to stay thrifty while supporting a great local cause? The St. Vincent de Paul Los Angeles thrift store is offering 50% off all men’s/women’s short-sleeve shirts through Valentine’s day.
15. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
16. The Pan African Film & Arts Festival (Feb. 9-20) will showcase over 150 new films, along with special programs aimed towards students and the community.
17. Free admission days this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art (3 – 8 p.m.) FREE
Saturday February 11th, 2017
18. On February 11 and 12, guests can enjoy blossoming camellias, guided walks, tea samples from Chado Tea, art activities, and interactive performances during the Camellia & Tea Festival.
19. Cinespia screens Lost in Translation at The Palace Theatre this Saturday.
20. Take your pants off and run around for charity. Literally. Cupid’s Undie Run comes to Santa Monica this Saturday for a “brief” sprint for a great cause. Proceeds for this fun run benefits the Children’s Tumor Foundation.
21. The 8th Annual Edwardian Ball comes to the Globe Theatre in the Broadway Downtown Theatre District on Saturday February 11 for a soirée of art, music, theatre, fashion, technology, circus that honors the creations of author and illustrator Edward Gorey. Check for Discount tickets on Goldstar before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Celebrate true love and head to the Million Dollar Theatre in DTLA for a screening of The Princess Bride. Put on by the folks at Street Food Cinema the event will feature a free photo booth and a DJ. Folks are encouraged to come in Medieval attire and grab some food at near by food hall GCM. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. Theres a Roaring Twenties speakeasy party held at the historic LA River Studios this Saturday. This all immersive event will feature retro entertainment, Prohibition era-inspired cocktails, a reenactment of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre and to top off the night, one epic pie fight to end the party. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. The historic Chinatown Firecracker Run/Walk and Bike Ride is back for the 39th year in a row. On February 11 and 12, participants and attendees will scour the streets and hills of Chinatown and Elysian Park while celebrating the Year of the Rooster.
25. Experience the food, culture and history of Downtown Los Angeles through a three hour foodie tour this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. Esotouric Celebrates 10th Anniversary by hosting “Two Days in South LA: The 1974 SLA Shootout,” a special bus tour focusing on the Patty Hearst kidnapping.
27. The Original Vintage Fashion Expo at The Reef in DTLA (Feb. 11-12) invites collectors, aficionados and the label-obsessed to check out a wide exhibit of vintage couture and period pieces from the late 18th century to the 20th century for sale.
28. L.A. based burlesque troupe The Dollface Dames take over the Magicopolis stage for a night of tease, balloon popping, belly dance and even clogging. Lets just say they do a lot in their 80 minute show. But the fun doesn’t end there the Magicopolis bartenders double as magicians! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. Masters of the American West returns to Griffith Park’s Autry Museum of the American West. This annual show, is open to the public, but if you purchase a special opening-day ticket you’ll gain access to an early-bird preview, listen to presentations from artists and enjoy a BBQ lunch buffet, with prime seating in the plaza, during the 2017 Artists Awards presentation.
30. Wanderlust in Hollywood is home to Mortified’s Doomed Valentine’s Show. Watch a bevy of brave adults read from their most embarrassing amour-inspired diaries, love letters, lyrics and poems from their teen years.
31. The traveling Hello Kitty Cafe Truck is having a pop-up in Glendale Galleria this Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Expect Hello Kitty inspired treats, branded macaron box sets, cookies, doughnuts, mugs, and shirts… basically everything you’d ever need to fulfill your Hello Kitty cravings.
32. Join Paw2ThePeople for a fundraising community fest at HM157 this Saturday. Paw2ThePeople focuses on homing homeless animals and providing food and jobs to homeless people, they could really use our help so come out and enjoy some vegan food, drinks, and do some shopping, there will be plenty of vendors as well as great music and art.
33. The 9th Annual MojaMoja Brunch & Benefit Concert comes to Bardot at Avalon Hollywood this Saturday for an afternoon celebrating the life and musical legacy of Prince.
34. The Wallis presents 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips a heartfelt story based around World War II and how the human spirit prevails even in a time of destruction and death. Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
35. “A comatose man recreates his identity by delving deeply into his memories, while a panoply of family members and loved ones form scheming camps over grave neurological decisions” in Plasticity, a new one-man show now playing at the Hudson Theatres. Performances take place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings.
36. Top comics will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
37. Bailey44 will host a yoga class with renowned yoga instructor Aerial Lynn at their Santa Monica pop-up store this Saturday. The complimentary class will celebrate the fashion lines resort collection and the first 15 to RSVP will receive a special gift. Bring your own mat and RSVP to RSVP@Bailey44.com.
Sunday February 12th, 2017
38. On Sunday, Angel City Brewery will host an anti-Valentine’s Day bash. Themed the Broken Hearts Circus, Ringmaster Dan will kick off the event with comedic clowns, stilt walkers, acrobats, dancers, and live music, along with a roaming magician performing card tricks. FREE
39. Spend the day taking a bite out of some of best grilled cheeses in Los Angeles at Time Out Los Angeles’ Grilled Cheese Meltdown happening at The Majestic in Downtown L.A.
40. Dance Sundays with Debbie Allen & Friends returns to The Wallis with a special FREE Flamenco Dance session led by Briseyda Zárate. The class welcomes all ages and levels. Just remember to wear shoes with a hard sole 😃 FREE
41. The American Youth Symphony’s FREE annual family concert returns to Royce Hall this Sunday. Families can expect an interactive performance, and activities for kids of all ages. FREE
42. Carrie That Tune celebrates great songs written by good writers but unfortunately appeared on Broadway musicals that flopped. Watch a talented group of performers revive the songs at Bar Fedora this Sunday! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
43. Vintage Malibu and Malibu Country Mart will host their fourth annual Scavenger Hunt event this Sunday to celebrate Valentines Day early. Couples will have the chance to win a $4,000 18k white gold diamond necklace, pricey gift cards and other fabulous prizes.
44. Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at email@example.com.