As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$4.50] Get discount admission to a Eat|See|Hear screening of Grand Budhapest Hotel at Santa Monica High School. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [FREE] Downtown Dark Nights at L.A. LIVE is a Friday night street party featuring $5 food and drink menus, live music, street performers, and a marketplace featuring eclectic goods from local artisans and vendors. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The Desert Cahuilla Birdsingers, an ensemble who preserve and perform the storied tradition of Native American “Bird” songs, will make a debut appearance at Los Angeles’ Union Station this Friday from 4 to 6 p.m. in the North Patio. Presented by Metro Art Los Angeles, this program is free and open to the public. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] In celebration of comic books, the supernatural and other out-of-the-ordinary media, the first-ever East LA Comic Con comes to El Gallo Plaza in East Los Angeles. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] The Pasadena Motorcycle Club, which happens to be the third oldest motorcycle club in the nation, is celebrating their 110th Anniversary with a huge group panoramic photo-op in an effort to bring together as many L.A.-area bikers as possible. The meet-up will include a community party that features live music, food trucks, street vendors, and kids activities. Takes place this Saturday starting at 2 p.m. at Pasadena City Hall FREE
6. [FREE] The Venice Spring Fling brings a free, full day of music and the arts to Windward Plaza Park. Starts at 11 a.m. on Saturday. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Monrovia Days is a two-day festival featuring live music, food stands, a parade, local student performances, and much more. Kicks off on Saturday at 8 a.m. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Six L.A. museums and historic houses, including the Gamble House , will be Free on ‘Museums of The Arroyo Day’ 2017. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Hama Expo is a free event taking place this Sunday in Westlake. The goal: To bring pets and con culture together by celebrating Hamachi’s (the Harajuku Dog) birthday. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Free admission days this Sunday:Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum is pay what you can day. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Björk Digital is a groundbreaking virtual reality collection of videos, featuring music from Björk’s latest album, Vulnicura, to be shown at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown L.A. starting on May 19. FRIDAY
- The 2017 SoCal BBQ Bash & Expo at the Fairplex. SATURDAY
- EEEEEATSCON, a brand new food festival from The Infatuation, is coming to Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. SATURDAY
- The South Bay Beer and Wine Festival. SUNDAY
- Flavor of LA brings food, cars, and libations to the CBS Studios Back Lot in Studio City. SUNDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 32 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.