As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning. And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop on happenings around the city.
(NOTE: For all prices we’ll list the TRUE cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate Goldstar)
1. [$9.50 including fees] A Completely Different Late Show performed by The Groundlings. Discount tickets still available for 10:00pm show on Friday via Goldstar.
3. [$9.00 including fees] Eat|See|Hear screens Zoolander. Doors open at 5:30pm on Saturday (discount via Goldstar).
4. [$9.00 including fees] Storybook Theatre’s Cinderella: Interactive Kids’ Show. 1:00pm on Saturday (discount via Goldstar).
5. [$5.00] The Downtown Modernism Art Show. Sunday from 8:00am – 2:00pm.
6. [FREE] Next On Grand: National Composers Intensive Public Reading Session
7. [FREE] The Public Star Party at Griffith Observatory. Saturday from 2:00pm – 9:45pm.
8. [FREE] CicLAvia Pasadena: L.A.’s massive open streets initiative comes to Old Town Pasadena on Sunday from 9:00am to 4:00pm (and don’t forget about the FREE Sprinkles cupcakes you can get depending on where you park).
9. [FREE] The Venice Spring Fling: A free, full day of art, music, and dance on Saturday, May 30, 2015, from 11:00am 7:30pm
10. [FREE] Opening reception for Seadragon: A Tatsunoko Studios Tribute Art Show (the animation team that created Speedracer). 7:00pm at the Q2 Gallery in Little Tokyo.