As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning. And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop on happenings around the city.
(NOTE: For all prices we’ll list the TRUE cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate Goldstar)
1. [$9.50 including fees] A Completely Different Late Show performed by The Groundlings. Discount tickets still available for 10:00pm show on Friday via Goldstar.
2. [$9.00 including fees] For the kids, Storybook Theatre’s Cinderella: Interactive Kids’ Show. Starts on Saturday at 1:00pm.
3. [$7.50 including fees] Alfred Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief in classic widescreen format at the Samuel Goldwynn Theater at 7:30pm on Friday. Best part is that each ticket (for price listed) is good for two people! Check the Goldstar link for more information on the deal.
4. [FREE] A Dr. Seuss Art Exhibition at the EC Gallery in Beverly Hills.
5. [FREE] Dirty Little Secret Burlesque at Villain’s Tavern on Saturday starting at 9:00pm.
6. [FREE] Shark Lagoon Nights at the Aquarium of the Pacific. Friday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
7. [FREE] The 24th annual Santa Monica Festival on Saturday from 11:00am to 6:00pm.
8. [FREE] An Underground Tunnel Art Walk in Cypress Park on Saturday
9. [FREE] Reception for Felix The Cat: Cat’s Out of the Bag art show on Friay
10. [FREE] Comedy show at Ham and Eggs Tavern: Third Base Showcase