As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
NOTE: For all prices we’ll list the TRUE cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate Goldstar.
1. [$9.00 including fees] A Sunnyside Cemetery screening of A Hard Day’s Night . Saturday at 7:30pm in Long Beach.
2. [$8.00] Picture This! comedy show at The Satellite. Sunday at 8:30pm
3. [$5.00 suggested donation] 2 Girls 1 Pup—a comedy show that you can bring your dog to. Sunday at 7:30 pm at Tailwagger’s Pet Store on Bronson Avenue
4. [$2.00] The Rock ‘N’ Roll Flea Market at The Regent Theater in DTLA. Sunday from 10:00am – 3:00pm.
5. [FREE] Get a free Kripsy Kreme doughnut at all L.A. locations for National Doughnut Day.
6. [FREE] The Redondo Pier Association kicks their June movie series with a screening of Disney’s Big Hero 6
8. [FREE] A dance party and free Salsa lessons at The Music Center in DTLA. Friday at 7:00pm.
9. [FREE] Make Music Pasadena festival on Saturday from 11:00am – 11:00pm.
10. [FREE] Opening reception for Faces of Skype at the Schomburg Gallery in Bergamont Station. 4:00pm – 6:00pm on Saturday.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning. And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop on happenings around the city.