As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$10.00] Canvas Combat at Exchange LA.
2. [$9.00 including fees] A Sunnyside Cemetery screening of Donnie Darko*
3. [$7.50 including fees] First Annual California Hot Sauce Festival in Long Beach, Saturday and Sunday.*
4. [$5.50 including fees] Improv Comedy for Kids by Teens at LA Connection Comedy Theater on Saturday.*
5. [FREE] Summer Garden Party at the Natural History Museum on Friday night.
6. [FREE] The FIGat7th Downtown Festival on Friday night.
7. [FREE] Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven for 7-11 day on Saturday.
8. [FREE] Opening reception for the Ben Jones exhibition at the Ace Gallery. Saturday night starting at 7:00pm.
9. [FREE] The 35th Annual Lotus Festival in Echo Park. Saturday and Sunday starting at noon.
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.