As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend, each costing $10 and under, that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$10] Eat See Hear screens Idiocracy in Echo Park SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$1] Special $1 admission day at The Gamble House. SUNDAY
3. [$1] Surf City Surf Dog in Huntington Beach. SUNDAY
4. [FREE] The Feast of San Genarro. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
5. [FREE] Culver City’s Centennial ‘Block Party Of The Century’. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] 35th Annual Watts Towers Day of the Drum Festival. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Tarfest music festival at The La Brea Tar Pits. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Little Tokyo Book Festival. SATURDAY
9. [FREE] 32nd Annual Abbot Kinney Festival in Venice. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] 40th annual Simon Rodia Watts Towers Jazz Festival. SUNDAY
BONUS: A Bunch of L.A. County Museums are Free Today as Part of ‘Museum Day Live!’
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Sleepless: After Hours at The Music Center. FRIDAY
- Opening weekend of Knott’s Scary Farm FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Music Tastes Good in Long Beach. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Redondo Beach Lobster Festival FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Roaring 20’s Jazz Age Lawn Party SUNDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 47 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.