As one of L.A.’s most creative and wackiest holiday, we know Halloween can get expensive.
For those looking to celebrate the scariest night of the year without breaking the bank, we rounded up awesome Halloween events that cost a modest $5 or under.
In addition, some restaurants and bars are also hooking it up with free entrances to their Halloween celebrations. No matter what you end up doing tonight we hope you have a fun and safe holiday.
List starts after the jump listed in descending order from most to least expensive.
[RELATED: If you are looking to spend a little more check out our Halloween edition of 10 under $10 for additional ideas.]
1. [$5.00] Revenge of the Ninja Haunted Maze
2. [$5.00] 8th Annual Halloween Party for Downtown LA Kids. Tickets are $5 if you purchase in advance, $8 at the door.
3. [$5.00] Hollywood Kid’s Festival in DTLA
4. [FREE] ACME’s Crawloween (Drinks for purchase, including $5 spiked punch!)
5. [FREE] Beware the Dark Realm Haunted House. Instead of paying an admission, organizers request bringing a can of food to donate to the Santa Clarita Valley Food Pantry.
6. [FREE] WeHo’s Halloween Carnaval
7. [FREE] Get a FREE Pumpkin Spiced Cloud Cake at Bo Nuage
8. [FREE] Hollywood Party at the Blitzstein Museum of Art
9. [FREE] Surprise! An All-Musical Halloween Show
10. [FREE] Old Pasadena Halloween Celebration
11. [FREE] Halloween Trick-or-Treat At Westfield Topanga & The Village
12. [FREE] Boney Island a $12,000 Epic DIY Kid Friendly Haunted House
Some restaurant and bars are also celebrating Halloween with free admission! Check out the list below.
13. [FREE] Manhattan House is offering up a spooktacular Halloween themed menu, happy hour all night long for those in costume and a best costume award, admission is free.
14. [FREE] Villains Tavern is hosting a Halloween party sponsored by Sailor Jerry rum. Admission is free and live music will be provided all night by Hudson and Ted Z & the Wranglers. There will be deals on Sailor Jerry drinks and a costume contest with a $300 cash prize.
15. [FREE] DTLA’s Mrs. Fish is throwing a ’70s-themed Halloween bash called Studio 448. There will be live music from Crystal Starr & The Bowties, plus a DJ spinning ’70s hits. all night long. Admission to the event is free.
Have any other good last minute Halloween ideas for things to do? Let us know in the comments below!