*** UPDATE: Contest Registration is Now Closed. Winners will be announced this afternoon ***
*** UPDATE 2: Winners were announced on Snapchat @welikela at approximately 3:00pm today. All have been contacted via email. Thanks again to everyone entered! ***
So who’s up for an amazing night eating some of the best mole and Mexican food our city has to offer… for free!?!?
This coming Tuesday evening at 7:00pm Mexikosher chef Katsuji Tanabe (Chopped, Top Chef) will be joined by acclaimed Mexican Chef Adriana Solis Cavita (Pujol, El Bulli) in an epic showdown where only one chef will be victorious, but the true winners will be everyone who gets to taste the fare at this one-of-a-kind event.
Sound like this might be up your alley?
Albóndigas and mole. Way better than @guerrillatacos @djwes (don't hate bruh) #donthate mole pine nuts 3 Chiles #mole. #topchef #laproblems #ladontplay #paisaentourage #topchefcity #madefromscratch #handmade #beverlyhillsdontplay #beverlyhillstacos #beverlyhills #mexicans #venacomer #cheflife #truecooks
What to Expect
Your humble We Like L.A. co-founders (Christina and Brian) will host as the two chefs lead a group of 20 select guests through the very complex cooking of their family’s / restaurant’s unique moles, with diners then treated to dinner and tastings of each. At the end of the tasting guests will cast a ballot for their favorite and a winner will be crowned.
As a side note, both chefs have competed against each other on the new international edition of Top Chef Mexico, which will air throughout the world and in the U.S. and boasts an outstanding lineup of participants from around the globe. Basically, these chefs are bonafide, and they’ve got a pretty fierce rivalry 😉
Of course the most amazing part of all of this? The epic meal and tasting will be 100% complimentary to all invited guests. Yes, FREE!
Even if you don’t make it in for the event, keep in mind both of the moles will be available to Mexikosher guests to enjoy for the rest of the evening, until supplies run out.
Now, about getting an invite…
How to Get In
The most important question of all: How will the 20 guests be chosen?
Glad you asked, cause we’re doing a contest!
Ten winners will be selected randomly from a pool of entrants gathered via the MailChimp submission form below.
Each of those winners will be able to bring ONE guest with them for the Mole Battle and dinner.
To determine the ten winners we will hold a punch-bowl style drawing this Monday which you can watch unfold on our Snapchat channel @welikela around 3:00pm. We will contact the winners and update this post once the drawing is complete.
We just ask that you keep in mind the following rules and restrictions for the drawing/contest:
- The Battle of the Mole will take place at Mexikosher Restaurant (8832 West Pico Boulevard) on Tuesday, January 26th at 7:00pm.
- Ages 18+ only (no alcohol will be served at this event)
- In order to qualify you must submit your entry by Monday 1/25/16 at 1:00pm Pacific time.
- The drawing will take place at 3:00pm on Monday 1/25/16
- After the drawing we will email the winners and they’ll have until 9:00pm that night (Monday) to respond and confirm they can attend. Basically, make sure you check your email on Monday afternoon to see if you were selected!
- Details on parking and checking in for the event will be provided once we confirm our ten winners.
- If any winners don’t respond in the allotted time their spot will be voided and given away to another entrant.
- One entry per person please!
- Winning entries are non-transferable. If you can’t make it, we’ll randomly select another entrant.
- All info below is required to enter. The reason we ask for your birthday is to prevent multiple entries, and to distinguish entrants with potentially common names. ID will be required to check-in at the event and get a seat for you and your guest.
If you’d like to follow us on Snapchat to watch the drawing, we’ve embedded our logo so you can screenshot.
Note that once you submit your info, you should get an email to your inbox confirming your receipt. Once you click on that confirmation your entry for the contest is set.
See you at the Battle!