As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (January 22, 2016 to January 24, 2016) in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
10 Under $10
1. [$9.00] Eddie Ifft’s R-Rated at the Ice House Comedy Club in Pasadena (Friday)
2. [$9.00] Sing Along With Grease on the Big Screen at The Saban Theater. Goldstar has about a half dozen complimentary tickets left at this price (at writing of this post), which when you add fees means about $9 per. While supplies last! (Sunday*)
3. [$1.00] The Artsy Flea (Saturday)
4. [FREE] designLAb’s fifth year celebration reception at The Pacific Design Center (Friday)
5. [FREE] Opening reception for Unspooled at the Annenberg Community Beach House. (Friday)
6. [FREE] Minnie Mouse “Rocks the Dots” Fashion & Art Exhibit/ Pop Up Shop (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Giant Robot 2 Gallery Presents Year of the Monkey (Saturday)
8. [FREE] Iron Triangle Brewing grand opening in the Arts District. The live music and entertainment is free… the beer is not 😉 (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Drawing From Antiquity at The Getty Villa (Saturday)
10. [FREE] This Sunday, at 7:30am Ranger Ernie leads a free hike on the Beacon Trail in Griffith Park (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Photo LA (Friday-Sunday*)
- Fast Time Fest at The Wiltern (Saturday)
- VRLA 2016 (Saturday)
- Fit Expo Los Angeles (Saturday-Sunday)
- The LA River Night Run (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided. Good while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.