Father’s Day is just around the corner, so make sure Dad knows you appreciate him with a special meal this Sunday.
Whether pops likes fine dining or food trucks, Southern cuisine or Japanese robotayaki, baseball or BBQ, we’ve got you covered.
Check out our list below and find a way to celebrate your dad in style for Father’s Day 2018. And don’t forget to make reservations ASAP!
1. Known for its coastal Italian flavors, Cal Mare is a great choice for Father’s Day, with items like Whole Roasted John Dory, Carbonara Pizza and Korumbuta Pork Chop tempting dear old Dad.
2. Burbank’s classic Castaway restaurant, set high atop a hill and boasting great views, has just undergone a major renovation. For Father’s Day, the newly reopened eatery is hosting a Grand Celebration, featuring an elaborate three-course meal for $79 (or $35 for kids), with options like Lobster and Waffles or Seared Tuna Tartine.
3. Does Dad like to check out exotic cars? The Concours d’Elegance, a free event that closed down the 400 block of Rodeo Drive, showcases the best of the world’s best autos. If you’d like to take Dad for a bite before or after, 208 Rodeo, perched above Wilshire Blvd. on the cobblestone streets of Via Rodeo, offers elegant but unpretentious bistro fare, noteworthy cocktails, and great people-watching.
4. For the father who loves baseball and BBQ, head over to Anaheim’s Angel Stadium. This Father’s Day, Dad can play catch in the outfield, crack a bat in the Angels’ batting cages, enjoy a free drink (for 21 and over), engage in a behind-the-scenes stadium tour, and savor a BBQ picnic buffet in the Lexus Diamond Club. Tickets are $90 for adults, $20 for kids 6-12, and free for kids 5 and under.
We can't think of a better way to celebrate Dad than with a Father's Day Champagne and Craft Beer Brunch at the Mission Inn Restaurant 🍻🥂🍳🥓🥞 For $69.50 per adult, enjoy free-flowing champagne, mimosas, a variety of craft beer from @hangar24brewing, a chilled seafood bar, a prime rib & applewood smoked ham carving station, delicious desserts, live music and more! RSVP by clicking the link in our bio now ✨
5. If Dad loves beer, take him to Riverside’s gorgeous Mission Inn. Brunch at this 19th century National Historic Landmark will be extra special this year, with an additional beer-centric menu created in collaboration with So Cal brewery Hangar 24. Options include Pugachev’s Cobra Russian Imperial Stout-infused BBQ pork rib with baked beans and corn on the cob, Hangar 24 Orange Wheat beer-can chicken with warm German potato salad, and beer-infused éclairs.
6. Chef Philip Mack is offering a very special Bull & Oyster Roast at Maple at Descanso Gardens this Father’s Day. The La Cañada Flintridge eatery’s Father’s Day meal reflects Mack’s Maryland roots and passion for soul food, with offerings like the Low Country Boil (with peel and eat shrimp), Cherry-Glazed Pit Ham, Mesquite Grilled Oysters, crab soup, and beignets.
7. Greenbar Distillery in DTLA is hosting an open house and BBQ this Father’s Day, with FREE liquor tastings and BBQ!
8. Boasting a goth-infused decor, Mexican eatery Mi Corazon, located in Silver Lake, is offering 2-for-1 beers on Father’s Day, along with a barrel-aged tequila Old Fashioned for $9, in addition to its regular menu. We suggest ordering the 20-ingredient mole.
9. Savor Southeast Asian flavors with Dad at Bone Kettle in Pasadena, with dishes like Bone Marrow with scallion confit, Crab Lumpia, Garlic Steak Nasi Goreng or Beef Ribs with bone marrow au jus.
10. Santa Monica gastropub The Independence is offering Dad a free drink on his day. On Father’s Day, brunching dads can enjoy a complimentary “Man-mosa” at brunch or a Man-hattan at dinner.
11. If Dad loves Japanese food, take him to Katana in West Hollywood, which recently launched its Sunday-evening Red Sun BBQ Series. The elegant patio set high above the Sunset Strip is the ideal spot for listening to a live DJ while savoring freshly grilled lobster skewers, tacos filled with carnitas or popcorn shrimp, ceviche and sushi rolls.
12. Enjoy a poolside cookout at The Restaurant at Mr. C in Beverly Hills. Lunch on the elegant pool deck will include live music, games, grilled burgers and veggies, salmon chicken mattone, Cipriani pastas, housemade desserts, and endless pours of Peroni Nastro Azzurro or house wine. And to top if off, Dad gets his choice of a Cipriani bottled beer or a signature cigar from La Casa Del Tabac to bring home.
13. Bond with Dad over Clint Eastwood and James Bond movies — not to mention dinner — at the Stalking Horse in West L.A. Movies will play from 4 p.m. on, while the burger topped with pork belly, onion rings, bacon-onion relish and arugula is just one of the Dad-centered specials.
14. French bistro Church & State in DTLA’s Arts District will tempt discerning dads with their $45 four-course Father’s Day menu, featuring dishes like Roulade de Porc and Steak Tartare made with grass-fed beef.
15. If Dad loves food trucks, take him to Angel City Brewery‘s Father’s Day Food Truck Festival. Downtown Taco Co. and other food trucks will serve up tasty temptations, the Vignes Rooftop Revival will play gypsy jazz, and an assortment of Angel City’s limited-edition craft beers will help Dad feel both relaxed and appreciated.