The movie-viewing experience that set the stage for now-ubiquitous outdoor film-watching in L.A., Cinespia has announced its September 2018 schedule, with an array of classic films from the ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s screening at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
These screenings are sponsored by Amazon Studios. Check out the complete September schedule below.
Saturday, September 1: Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
See Eddie Murphy at the height of his career in this hilarious 1980s comedy about a smartass Detroit police officer who goes to Beverly Hills to investigate his friend’s murder.
Sunday, September 2: Now and Then (1995)
Christina Ricci, Thora Birch, Gaby Hoffmann, Melanie Griffith, Demi Moore, Rosie O’Donnell and Rita Wilson star in this coming-of-age story about friendship set in both the ’70s and the ’90s.
Saturday, September 8: Scream (1996)
Smart, funny, and scary, this ’90s horror film transformed the genre while inspiring one of the most popular Halloween costumes of the last two decades. Scream stars Drew Barrymore, Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich, Courtney Cox, and David Arquette.
Saturday, September 15: Saturday Night Fever (1977)
Saturday Night Fever is far more than just a disco-era time capsule. John Travolta is seriously magnetic in this tale of a 19-year-old Brooklynite who’s going nowhere… except when he’s on the dance floor. See him show off some seriously amazing moves in this moving coming-of-age story.
Saturday, September 22: Yellow Submarine (1968)
Savor the psychedelic trippiness of the Beatles animated delight, followed by a fireworks spectacular.
Doors for all five films open at 6:15 p.m., with each film beginning at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $16, and can be purchased online here.
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!