So you’ve probably heard there’s this whole arctic blast thing that’s absolutely paralyzing the city of Buffalo, NY right now. And while we’re sitting here at 70 and sunny in good ‘ol Los Angeles, some folks are going through a true frozen hell.
Let some take a look at some of the images from the snowfall event.
Kind of puts things in perspective about how lucky we are to live where we do.
1. Let’s start with an actual weather report from 2 days ago. Yes, those are real numbers.
2. Not exactly ‘convenient’ to get to the convenience store.
3. Cracked windows much?
Incredible amounts of lake-effect snow cracks this window near Buffalo NY. Photos from @WKBW: http://t.co/ddAtI7u6uy pic.twitter.com/5lit2jkvVY
— 7NEWS Denver Channel (@DenverChannel) November 19, 2014
4. Oh, hello snow! You know you could’ve just used the front door…
Amazing, so much snow the pressure caused the window to give way! Hamburg, NY. Courtesy Vanessa Armbruster/WKBW-TV pic.twitter.com/KMPI8DrkH4
— Mαtt (@mdhiggs) November 18, 2014
5. I said use the door, not destroy it!!!!!
Not sure what happened here, but a listener tweeted us this of a house in Cheektowaga: pic.twitter.com/AmDrVjaHIO
— WBEN NewsRadio 930AM (@NewsRadio930) November 19, 2014
6. Perhaps if this was a spicy hot Doritos truck, it could’ve melted the snow a bit.
I just saw several men stealing chips from inside this abandoned Doritos truck. #BuffaloSnow #nywx pic.twitter.com/PlDsEl8H2V
— Jeremy Cohn (@JeremyGlobalTV) November 19, 2014
7. This the view outside a window… FROM THE SECOND STORY!!!!
8. Need to get outside today? Gotta improvise.
5-6 FEET of #Snow surrounding your home, how do you get out? Dig a tunnel like this man. Via @WGRZ #Lackawanna, #NY. pic.twitter.com/iLNCKGpHjw
— Marc Franz Jr (@WxmanFranz) November 19, 2014
9. No joke. When these folks posted it they said they’d been stuck at work for 24 hours.
10. Airplane view of the storm.
Landing in #buffalo at 11pm #snowmageddon14 #LakeEffect #beyondthewall pic.twitter.com/oSBLhyPECF
— James A Fry (@JamesAFry) November 19, 2014
11. The snow falls have been a major pain in the ass, and quite frightening. Still there are moments of beauty… but mostly it’s just frightening!
12. Thanks the gods, you’ll never see an angeleno’s home that looks like this:
So in summation, be glad you live in L.A., and of course keep a good thought for anyone who’s still trying to deal with the snowy madness back east!