Truth be told it’s always more fun when you’re exploring Los Angeles while saving a few precious dollars in the process.
So as you’re planning out how to spend your next month in the city of angels we strongly encourage you to keep track of all the free activities and to-dos that are on the calendar.
And trust us… there are A LOT!
To that end, below we’ve cataloged a link list of free things to do in July we think are worthy of keeping on your radar.
Hope it’s helpful!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
1. [JUL 5, 12, 19 & 26] Moonlight Movies on the Beach.
2. [JUL 7 & 21] The Silver Lake Picture Show.
3. [JUL 7, 14, 21 & 28] Disappear Here Concerts at The Hammer Museum
4. [JUL 7, 14, & 28] Twilight Concerts at The Santa Monica Pier
5. [JUL 8 & 22] Natural History Museum’s Summer Nights in The Garden.
6. [JUL 8-30] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema.
7. [JUL 9] Ones to Watch concert at Union Station.
8. [JUL 9-10] Pershing Square Salsa Festival
9. [JUL 9-10] Lotus Festival at Echo Park Lake
10. [JUL 14] Downtown Art Walk.
11. [JUL 15] Odd Nights at The Autry.
12. [JUL 15-24] Union Station 360° art installation.
13. [JUL 16] Chinatown Summer Nights by KCRW
14. [JUL 16-17] The Love Long Beach Festival
15. [JUL 17] Ranger Ernie leads a 6-mile hike to Travel Town
16. [JUL 19] Guided Sunset Walk at Griffith Observatory.
These links might also be helpful for you in exploring L.A. on the cheap in May:
- 40 Fun & Free Things To Do This Summer in L.A. You’ve Gotta Have On Your Radar
- Here’s a Cheat Sheet of Free Museum Days in L.A. For July
- Our handy listing of discount tickets for Los Angeles events
- Check out our We Like L.A. Event Calendar for more upcoming to-dos.