More fall outdoor movies? And they’re free? Yay!
Back by popular demand the Santa Monica Pier presents Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night under the stars taking place every Friday of during the month of October.
Guests will be able to unwind on old-timey lawn chairs and watch oceanfront films on a giant inflatable screen, with featured presentations including Guardians of the Galaxy and Ghostbusters.
Co-produced by, Eat|See|Hear, and sponsored by Fandango, Front Porch Cinema will kick off on October 9 and will run every subsequent Friday for the entire month.
Front Porch Cinema will also feature the “Cinema Lounge” starting at 6:00pm where guests can come early to enjoy movie-themed cocktails and small bites to complement the films.
Viewers are encouraged to bring their own chairs, as only a limited number will be available for rent. Check the full schedule below!
The Cinema Lounge will open at 6:00pm and the movie begins at 7:30pm.
Front Porch Cinema October Movie Schedule:
Friday, Oct. 9: Big Hero 6
Thursday, Oct. 15 (*Bonus Screening ): Luna Bar presents Luna Fest, a celebration of women in film with six short films. More information at lunafest.org.
Friday, Oct. 16: The Imitation Game
Friday, Oct. 23: Guardians of the Galaxy
Friday, Oct. 30: Ghostbusters
Parking will be available in the lot north of the pier at 1550 Pacific Coast Highway, and FREE bike valet will be provided.
For more information, please visit www.frontporchcinema.com.
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!