Looking for the perfect place to get your boogie on this summer in Los Angeles?
The Music Center in downtown has you covered.
Now in their 12th annual season, The Music Center’s Dance DTLA program promise a weekly FREE excuse to get your butt on to the dance floor and bust some new moves all summer long.
Similar to how things went down last year, for 2016 Dance DTLA will be split into two distinct, alternating weekly series, taking place every Friday for a full thirteen weeks starting on June 2.
The first series is called Dance Downtown, which will offer an open air dance floor with beginner dance lessons taught by top Los Angeles dance instructors alongside a live band or DJ. The event will provide a great excuse to learn some new dance moves in a 100% judgment free zone.
The second series, which will run every other week, is called DJ Nights. The DJ series will be, in the words of The Music Center, “curated by influential artists and tastemakers who will give voice to the dynamic, vibrant LA culture through music, dancing, arts and aesthetics.”
Both series are open to all ages and will also feature beverages and small bites for purchase.
The 2016 lineup for Dance DTLA kicks off with a Bollywood night on June 2 and concludes on Sept. 2 with a disco themed evening.
Check out the promo video embedded below (produced by The Music Center for a previous year’s event) to get a bit more flavor of what you might expect.
Full schedule of 2016 dates and themes listed after the jump.
2016 Dance DTLA Schedule
All Dance Downtown events take place from 7:00 – 11:00 p.m.
All DJ Nights take place from 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- June 3 – Dance Downtown: Bollywood/The Music Center Plaza
- June 10 – DJ Night, curated by Garth Trinidad/The Music Center Plaza
- June 24 – Dance Downtown: Line Dancing/The Music Center Plaza
- July 1 – DJ Night, curated by Money Mark/The Music Center Plaza
- July 8 – Dance Downtown: Cumbia/Grand Park
- July 15 – DJ Night, curated by Rashida/The Music Center Plaza
- July 22 – Dance Downtown: Argentine Tango/The Music Center Plaza
- July 29 – DJ Night, curated by Alberto Lopez/The Music Center Plaza
- August 5 – Dance Downtown: Salsa/The Music Center Plaza
- August 12 – DJ Night, curated by Anthony Valadez/The Music Center Plaza
- August 19 – Dance Downtown: Samba/The Music Center Plaza
- August 26 – DJ Night/curator TBD/The Music Center Plaza
- September 2 – Dance Downtown: Disco/The Music Center Plaza
Keep in mind parking is $9 before 8:00 p.m. and $5 after 8:00 p.m. at The Music Center parking lot, which is located directly under The Music Center Plaza with access available from Grand Ave.
The Music Center is located 135 N Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
For more information on Dance DTLA visit musiccenter.org.