Angelenos love food… and so do we!
To help keep you on the pulse of the culinary scene we provide weekly rundown of the best food related news bites (get it?) through one easy-to-digest page of blurbs and links.
This week includes bottomless rosé, a cat cafe, cold ramen, Shake Shack in Glendale, national coffee day and LOTS more.
Your food news CliffsNotes start after the jump.
On Sunday, October 2nd the EASTSIDE FOOD FESTIVAL is back at Mack Sennett Studios! For the third year in a row, guests will gather to enjoy unlimited food and drinks from LA's favorite eastside restaurants. Unlimited! Sample food from over 30 local restaurants, drinks from Angel City Beer, Our/Los Angeles Vodka, Ventura Spirits and Silverlake Wine, watch a live podcast recording from Chef Alvin Cailan of EGGSLUT and BADMAASH co-owners Nakul and Arjun Mahendro, learn techniques during food demonstrations from local Chefs Ray Garcia of BROKEN SPANISH and B.S. TAQUERIA and Steve Samson of SOTTO and ROSSOBLU, get the low down on cannabis infused edibles from Lord Jones, mingle with fellow local foodies, lounge in luxury lounges made by BRE Investment, and so much more! Tickets on sale now! #eastsidefoodfest
1. The EastSide Food Festival is back on Oct. 2 featuring some of the finest food and drink from vendors east of Western Ave including Little Beast, Button Mash, Angel City Brewery, Pok Pok, Sticky Rice, Trois Familia, and more. FYI: We Like L.A. is an official media sponsor for this event and we’ll be doing a special meet-up / giveaway on site. Get your tickets here!
3. This Sunday Sept. 25, Angel City Brewery will host their annual Oktoberfest. The event includes classic German games, a sauerkraut-eating contests, stein hoisting and yodeling competitions. Two Märzen-style beers will be served for the occasion and food guests can purchase food from by Tomski and Seoul sausages.
4. Luckyrice will celebrate the Moon Festival with one extravagant cocktail party this Friday Sept. 23. Taking place at the Alexandria Ballroom in DTLA, drinks will be showcased by some of L.A.’s best like The Bellwether, Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill, The Cannibal, Lock & Key and more.
5. Shake Shack opens a new location this Friday, Sept. 23 in Glendale. Located across the Americana shopping center, the NYC burger giant will be in good company with Philz Coffee, Eggslut, Tsujita Ramen and Mainland Poke as neighbors.
6. Rosé all day over at Herringbone in Santa Monica as they offer bottomless rosé ($25) from lunch to dinner service last day to send off the summer (Sept. 21) in style 😉
If trekking to the westside for bottomless rosé isn’t your thing Baldoira will also host bottomless rosé during NFL Sunday football from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for $15.
7. 1212 in Santa Monica just launched happy hour, the menu is offered Monday through Friday and during NFL Sunday football from 4 to 6 p.m. in the upstairs lounge and downstairs bar.
8. National Coffee Day is coming up on Sept. 29, to celebrate Knuckle & Claw will pair a complimentary carton of Blue Bottle coffee with a order of any regular size seafood roll.
9. K Ramen. Burger. Beer. is serving cold ramen for the fall season. Available on Fridays and Saturdays from 11:30 a.m.to 2 p.m. guest can choose from a Creamy Tofu Cold Ramen, or Clear Cold Yuzu Based Ramen.
10. The Lincoln in Venice will host a dog friendly happy hour on Sunday Sept. 25 from 3 to 8 p.m. showcasing adoptable dogs from Designer Dog Rescue and Best Friend’s NKLA (No-Kill LA). Human guests will enjoy hot dogs and drink specials while their pooches (pets allowed on patio!) nibble on dog treats and sip from water bowls. The event will help support the charities mentioned above and all cash donations will be matched by the bar!
This Sunday from 3-9pm, join us for a Dog Day Afternoon Benefit for Designer Dog Rescue and NKLA! 🐶 RSVP: www.bit.ly/DogDay0821 🌭 Puppies from Designer Dog Rescue will be available for adoption, and guests are invited to bring their pooches for some canine camaraderie, with treats, water bowls, and toys provided! 🍸 Cash donations made to our supported charities will be matched, and we'll be serving up delicious featured cocktails like "Bark at the Moon," "Hound of the Baskervilles," and "The Mystery Machine!"
Every Sunday all food industry members are getting the hook up at Same Same in Silver Lake. The Thai restaurant just launched a ‘We Love This Industry Night’ diners who show their “Industry Special” card will receive a specialty menu featuring $5 appetizers and $5 Chang beers.
Must hit up place of the week goes to…
Solidarity in Santa Monica for some Polish food like pierogies stuffed with cheese and potato, mushroom or beef. The “dumplings of Poland” these guys are lightly pan fried to perfection.
Finally, just a quick snapshot of the best thing we’ve eaten in the past week…
The Chermoula Red Snapper served on a bed of beluga lentils and slow roasted plantains at LEONA was exceptional. Available on the lunch menu.