Navigating the tax code can be a major chore, but if there is any small, infinitesimal silver living to paying Uncle Sam it’s that businesses will use the occasion as an excuse to offer some pretty good specials all around town that you have the option to take advantage of.
To that end, if you’re looking to save a few dollars tomorrow (April 15) after you send in your return then here’s a few options you might want to consider in and around Los Angeles:
1. The Hard Rock Cafe on Hollywood Blvd is celebrating Tax Day with the help of rock n’ roll legend Bret Michaels. Guests will have a chance to take the cafe stage and “Sing For Their Supper.” Michaels will kick things off with a short performance and then open the stage for visitors to sing a song of their choosing (with a live band!) in front of the entire restaurant. Those that perform will end Tax Day on a high note with a free LOCAL LEGENDARY® “Hollywoodland” Burger.
2. Villains Tavern in Downtown Los Angeles will pay the taxes on all drink bills! It’s their little way of sticking it to the man.
3. The 1933 Group is having a signature special at each of their L.A. area bars: Get $1 cocktails at Oldfield’s, Bigfoot West, Bigfoot East, Harlowe, Sassafras, Thirsty Crow and La Cuevita from 5pm-9pm.
5. BacaroLA (Unversity Park) and BacariPDR (Playa Del Rey) serving their happy hour small plates and drink deals without tax. Both locations’ happy hour consists of $6 small plates and $6 wells, plus $8 signature cocktails and $5 sangria.
6. The District is offering a craft cocktail for only a dime on tax day. The 1040EZ is a mojito adaptation made with Flor de Cana rum, organic Vietnamese tiato mint agave, lime juice, club soda and garnished with ginger zest. Be sure to keep your twitter and Instagram accounts open while dining as any customers who share social media posts will receive a free small plate. LIKE!
7. The Whisper Lounge is offering $0.15 martinis from 11:30am-10pm with the purchase of any entrée. Only two martinis per guest.
8. Like oysters? The Hungry Cat (both locations) will offer half-priced oysters all day, plus you can grab one of $8 specialty cocktails and $4 draft beers the half shelled goodness.
9. Plan Check in DTLA will carry a special cocktail just for tax day. It’s called the Smokey Juarez Cocktail ($7) and it’s comprised of Xicaru Blanco Mezcal, blood orange, lemon juice, simple syrup, and a sprinkle of smoked salt, The Smokey Juarez complements Executive Chef Ernesto Uchimura’s happy hour menu (available from 4-7pm) featuring dishes such as Tacos Hamburguesa, Pimento Grilled Cheese & Bacon with green chiles and pickles, and the Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich.
10. The Detour Bistro Bar is extending it’s happy hour to 11am-11pm (basically all day!), which includes shrimp tacos, watermelon salad, speciality cocktails and plenty of beer and wine.
Got any other tax day deal tips? Let us know in the comments below!