Celebrate the man of the house with dad-friendly specials June 19 for Fathers Day.
We’ve compiled a handy list of fun ideas for how you can honor dad from decadent brunch buffets to a beer festival to unique tasting menus, we are sure you’ll find something worthy on the rundown below.
Heck, there’s even a spa treatment fit for a dad (with beer involved) because pops deserves a little pampering even if it’s just once a year.
So make this a day to remember with our list of fun Father’s Day to-dos for 2016.
Pro Tip: Make sure to make reservations ahead of time at dining spots!
[RELATED: The 16 Best Steakhouses in Los Angeles]
1. Seafood centric Herringbone in Santa Monica will offer a free craft beer to accompany dad’s meal on Fathers Day! If your dad is a seafood lover this is the perfect spot to take him.
2. Angel City Brewery’s Father’s Day Food Truck & Music Fest is a day filled with beers, bands, artisan vendors and more it’s also kid friendley so bring the whole family! Admission is free.
3. Dad craving Japanese? Make a reservation at Osawa in Old Town Pasadena and enjoy the Shabu Shabu, sashimi or the Father’s Day Surf & Turf featuring a pan-fried Maine lobster and a 10-ounce prime New York steak with wasabi mashed potatoes and onion ring tempura. Free draft beer to all fathers on this special day!
4. For the dad who loves donuts and bottomless drinks, modern American eatery, Plan Check Kitchen + Bar is offering a Sunday brunch menu featuring dishes like Fried Chicken & Crullers with a maple bacon glaze and the Breakfast Donuts topped with captain crunch and cereal milk. Bottomless cocktails include the Brass Monkey ($15) mixed with orange juice and hefeweizen.
5. Chef Travis Strickland is pulling out all the stops at Baltaire in Westwood with an indulgent Father’s Day buffet brunch ($85) on the restaurant’s expansive terrace. Dad can feast on a carving station, house-made baked goods and an extravagant iced shellfish station stocked with fresh oysters, shrimp, scallop ceviche, and king crab. Manhattan, Bloody Mary, and canned beer carts will also be roaming around the restaurant.
6. Faith & Flower will host an International Rib Festival themed menu, with selections such as Dry Fried Pork Spareribs with Szechuan Peppercorn Gremolata and Spicy Beef Ribs Wood Oven Braised with Berbere Spice.
7. Larchmont Sanctuary Spa provides a comprehensive menu of wellness oriented services including massages, facials, scrubs, and hydrotherapy. This Father’s Day they have a special promo perfect for dads who need some relaxation. Enjoy an hour warm stone massage with an additional 15 minute reflexology treatment followed by a soak in a copper tub while drinking a beer!
8. Got a Dad with a BIG appetite? Take him to Bourbon Steak at The Americana at Brand for the ultimate steakhouse dinner ($125+) complete with six sides and a massive twice baked potato. All guests will also take home a Michael Mina cookbook, two custom copper cups, the restaurant’s Moscow Mule recipe and a carafe of house-made ginger beer!
9. Esters Wine Shop & Bar in Santa Monica, is hosting a special Father’s Day Beer Tasting this Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. The shop will be pairing six beers with handcrafted beef jerky for $25 a person.
10. Ted Hopson of The Bellwether will create a breakfast burger fit for a dad with hash brown buns (YES BUNS), cheese, bacon, tapatio, and a sunnyside egg ($15). Wash it all down with Beverage Director Ann-Marie Verdi’s Easy Like Sunday Michelada!
11. The Raymond 1886 will be celebrating Dads all Sunday with a special Father’s Day Brunch ($50) and a Three-Course Dinner in the evening. Cap it off with a complimentary Old Fashioned or Manhattan during dinner with Dad.
12. Give the family grill master a break this Sunday and treat him to a surf-and-turf ($60) spread at Ocean Prime. To cap the day off the restaurant offers a scotch service, with an extensive list of scotches curated by Beverage Director, Ryan Valentine.
13. This might be the most affordable Father’s Day Brunch Special yet! Hey 19 in the South Bay will offer a Chimichurri Steak & Eggs + Boilermaker (a beer and a shot) combo for $19 during brunch on Father’s Day.
14. The Abbey in West Hollywood will be hosting it’s 6th Annual Father’s Day Brunch in support of the Pop Luck Club for LGBT families or people thinking about starting LGBT families.
What are you doing for Father’s Day in Los Angeles for 2016? Let us know in the comments below!