Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Feb. 13 to Friday, Feb. 17, features DIY Valentine’s Day, Tango in the Train Station, free Mexicali tacos, Shakespeare in Today’s America, a Chocolate & Art Show, and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday February 13th, 2017
1. Catch L.A.’s longest running weekly burlesque show Monday Night Tease at Three Clubs in Hollywood on Mondays. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. The Last Bookstore will present a special Valentine’s Day panel on How to Write Romance. Join three bestselling romance authors for an in-depth discussion on the billion dollar literary genre this Monday. FREE
3. 90s Game Night at Bar One Tap Room hosted by Be Kind Rewind. Come for the craft beers stay for 90s board games and trivia! No fee to participate. FREE
4. Love Wins Monday happening at The Spare Room is an early Valentine’s themed party aimed to raise money for Saving Innocence, an LA-based anti-human trafficking organization, featuring live music and a silent auction. Artists include Grammy winners, an American Idol alumni and more. rsvp and bring some items to donate and spread the love! FREE
5. “A comatose man recreates his identity by delving deeply into his memories, while a panoply of family members and loved ones form scheming camps over grave neurological decisions” in Plasticity, a new one-man show now playing at the Hudson Theatres. Performances take place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings.
6. The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy hosted by Megan Koester, Anna Seregina and Bucky Sinister, featuring Alison Stevenson, Jenny Yang, Tim Dillon, Pam Severns and Zach Sherwin! FREE
7. Pan African Film & Arts Festival (Feb. 9-20) will showcase over 150 new films, along with special programs aimed towards students and the community.
Tuesday February 14th, 2017
8. DIY V-Day at Ace Hotel Upstairs features a make-your-own ice cream station, make-your-own corsage activities and live DJ sets.
9. Cinespia is screening The Notebook at the Los Angeles Theatre in Downtown L.A. to ring in Valentine’s Day.
10. There’s a Rolling Hearts: Pop-Up Roller Rink & Disco at Union Night Club for those who like to get active.
11. Tango in the Train Station at Union Station will feature free dancing lessons, a live orchestra and dance performances. FREE
12. To Whom it May Chocolates, a partner based workshop and cannabis chocolate tasting is happening at the Moved LA HQ in Frogtown.
13. MiniBar is hosting a Big Gay Valentine’s Party featuring $1 per minute VIP back rubs and shoulder massages from a drag queen or drag king plus drink specials that include rose petal-inspired gin tonics and cocoa-kissed champagne cocktails.
14. The Standard, Hollywood and Cinefamily presents All About Almodóvar a month long of free Almodóvar screenings this week, What Have I Done to Deserve This. FREE
15. Hollywood’s Franklin & Company is launching a new weekly Free Movie Night. Every Tuesday the gastropub will play a movie over their TVs and offer a different specialty cocktail, themed to the film for just $6. This week it’s Bonnie and Clyde.
16. Put a little magic into your V-Day date by going to the Most Magical Valentine’s Day Anywhere at Magicopolis. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
17. Spend Valentine’s Day with your honey at Tell It To My Heart: Valentine’s Day Dinner on the Queen Mary. The evening includes a romantic meal, sultry burlesque show, and a live performance by pop icon Taylor Dayne.
18. Lady & The Tramp is back on the big screen at the El Capitan Theatre (Feb. 10-19) Moviegoers can enjoy this classic love story of two pups falling in love while sharing a delicious plate of spaghetti and meatballs for a limited time only! Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. Free Screening of A Thousand Years of Good Prayers at the Skirball Cultural Center. FREE
20. The Wallis presents 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips a heartfelt story based set in the time of World War II showing how the human spirit prevails even in a time of destruction and death. The Times of London called it “A wonderfully life-affirming piece of theatre… touchingly and gloriously imaginative.” Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Food Truck Night at The California Heritage Museum takes place every Tuesday with trucks vary from week to week. Guests are welcome to bring blankets and hang out on the lawn of the museum while they dine.
22. Free admission days this Tuesday for: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry Museum of the American West
Wednesday February 15th, 2017
23. The folks over at Mexicali’s Taco & Co. are celebrating their 5th anniversary on February 15 by giving away two free tacos to customers from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Unlock the offer by wishing them a happy anniversary. FREE
24. Every Wednesday night is Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. It’s a comedic event featuring transgender hosts, celebrity guests, and fabulous prizes.
25. Animal Mash Up Party with “Female Viking Kitten-Metal Band” Sapphic Musk happening at Hyperion Tavern.
26. The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
27. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
Thursday February 16th, 2017
28. Shakespeare in Today’s America at the Los Angeles Central Library is a free talk in conjunction with the Library Foundation’s new exhibition, America’s Shakespeare: The Bard Goes West. FREE
29. The iconic Queen Mary in Long Beach is now a great place to see local live bands! Stop by every third Thursday of the month for Local Band Hangout happening at the Queen Mary’s Observation Bar.
30. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Amelie this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (all day)
Friday February 17th, 2017
33. The Chocolate and Art Show (Feb. 17-18) comes to The Vortex in Downtown Los Angeles for two nights of fine art, tasteful music, and delicious chocolate. Check for Discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
34. Every Friday in February Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This weeks theme is a City Series of HAVANA.
35. L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
36. Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatre in Hollywood all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
37. Every Friday in February, the Norton Science Museum in Pasadena will host “Unexpected Romance” a film series centered around romance. This week the 1967 film Barefoot in the Park will be screened.
38. Free admission days this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art (3 – 8 p.m.) FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].