Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Mar. 6 to Friday, Mar. 10, features Pasadena Happy Hour Week, the All-Star Chef Classic, the DTLA Art Walk, ArtNight Pasadena, Citizen Science + Suds , and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday March 6th, 2017
1. Some of your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars, and lounges will offer extended food and drink promotions as part of “Get Happy” Old Pasadena Happy Hour happening March 6 to 17.
2. On the Lot in Los Feliz returns to the parking lot at Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish for a Monday-night array of gourmet food trucks from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
3. LOL at one of the most popular variety shows in Los Angeles, Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen happening at The Virgil.
4. Plasticity is a multi-media infused one-man show that combines family drama with a thoroughly scientific investigation of neurological function to produce something unlike you’ve ever seen before., Performances take place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings at the Hudson Theatres. Highly recommended!
5. Catch L.A.’s longest running weekly burlesque show Monday Night Tease at Three Clubs in Hollywood on Mondays. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening throughout the week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Tuesday March 7th, 2017
7. As part of The Skirball’s free Tuesday afternoon screenings, the cultural center will host a screening of Morris from America. FREE
8. The Broadway hit, Finding Neverland tells the magical story behind the beloved characters of Peter Pan. Playing at the Hollywood Pantages. Happening all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
10. The Wallis and Deaf West Theatre present Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Edward Albee’s At Home at the Zoo performing March 7-26. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Wednesday March 8th, 2017
13. All-Star Chef Classic returns for its now fourth year at L.A. LIVE (March 8-11). This four-day culinary experience showcases some of the most well-respected and award-winning chefs from around the globe.
14. Every Wednesday in March, Glendale Arts is offering FREE early-evening yoga classes in the forecourt of Glendale’s historic Alex Theatre. The classes are taught by Spiral Path Yoga Center. FREE
15. Every Wednesday night is Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. It’s a comedic event featuring transgender hosts, celebrity guests, and fabulous prizes.
16. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater returns to The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion March 8 to 12 for the West Coast premieres of r-Evolution, Dream., Untitled America, and Deep. All performances will also include Ailey’s famous masterpiece Revelations. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
17. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
Thursday March 9th, 2017
18. Promote civic involvement by creating a communal beer at Angel City Brewery during Citizen Science + Suds, a partnership between Angel City Brewery and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles. Guests will explore different topics for each series, this weeks topic: Changing California One Citizen Science Project at a Time. FREE
19. The March 2017 Downtown Art Walk will honor Women’s Month with Herstory, an exhibition celebrating the work and craft of three local female artists: Katie Ruiz, Isabella Innis, and Eza B. You can view Herstory at the Art Walk Lounge, located at 634 S. Spring Street. Bringing art enthusiasts, art galleries and locals together every second Thursday of each month the art walk is considered an L.A. cultural phenomenon. FREE
20. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening this Thursday and the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Golden Road’s Grand Central Market location turns one this Thursday, and they will celebrate with food, live music, games, prizes, and more. The first 50 customers will receive free food.
22. The opening reception of Queen Calafia will celebrate Women’s History Month with a pop-up gallery and vendor exhibition, presented by Lady Art Collective and Art Share L.A. Celebrating the legend of Queen Calafia, Goddess of California, the show will feature 14 visual artists, 22 original works, and nine vendors, including Califia Farms. Happening at Angel City Brewery. FREE
23. Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Heat this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
Friday March 10th, 2017
25. ArtNight Pasadena will celebrate the arts at over 15 venues through live music, dance, art viewing and entertainment. FREE
26. Second City Tours reveals the dark side of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. The walking tour, led by an informed guide will take you through ghostly crime scenes and spooky landmarks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
27. Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Prohibition Era Cocktails.
28. Tease, If You Please Burlesque Show staged at Globe Theatre spotlights acts from some of the most creative dancers in the business. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatre in Hollywood all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. It’s music month at The Odyssey Theatre and they’ll be hosting a wide variety of local musicians all through the month of March. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]