Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the scity you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, June 26 to Friday, June 30, features Climate Day LA, KCRW Summer Nights, an outdoor movie at Skirball, Cinema Under the Stars, 626 Night Market, and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday June 26th, 2017
1. The team from Smoke and Mirrors aims to add a little razzle-dazzle to your Monday monotony by showcasing a rotating cast of award-winning magicians at The Santa Monica Playhouse. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. Catch a free screening of the documentary film Human at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica. A Discussion will be held after the film with director Yann Arthus-Bertrand. FREE
3. Oh, the Places We’ve Gone: Life Before Mormon (featuring cast members from the Book of Mormon) at the Catalina Bar and Grill. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Free pick games and skills clinic at the North Hollywood Kickball(Studio). FREE
5. DJ Trivia at Cellar 43 in Hollywood combines team trivia night with a live DJ host spinning your favorite tunes. Free to play!
6. The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
Tuesday June 27th, 2017
7. Climate Day LA is a full day of celebration at the Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Join local leaders, community advocates and locals for a conference focused on local solutions to climate change, led by Keynote Speaker Mayor Eric Garcetti! The conference is free. There is also a Benefit Gala with a DJ set by Moby ($150).
8. The Moonlight Movies on the Beach series continues with a screening of Mean Girls at Granada Beach on Tuesday. FREE
9. See Queen and Adam Lambert as they rock the stage at the legendary Hollywood Bowl. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. People Power film series at the Hammer Museum feature films that examine grassroots political movements around the world. This weeks screening is United in Anger: A History of ACT UP. Archival footage and insightful interviews provide an on-the-ground perspective of ACT UP (the AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power) and its incredibly effective actions, which forced the US government and mainstream media to face the AIDS crisis. FREE
11. Spend an evening poolside and beneath the stars enjoying dinner, cocktails and a classic film as Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema returns with a screening of Sing.
12. Grand Park is ready to whip you into shape during their Summer Bootcamp series happening every Tuesday evening from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. All fitness levels are welcome! FREE
13. The Santa Monica Food Truck Lot hosts gourmet food trucks every Tuesday night from 5 to 9:30 p.m. at the California Heritage Museum on Main Street.
Wednesday June 28th, 2017
14. The Last Bookstore presents tattoo master and author Jonathan Shaw in a special spoken word performance and book signing. Shaw will read excerpts from his new memoir, SCAB VENDOR – Confessions of a Tattoo Artist and sign each book with an original drawing!
15. The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble is having previews this week for a new show titled Jacques Brel Is Alive And Well And Living In Paris. Mention “WE LIKE LA” when making your reservation use promo code: WELIKELA online, in-person or over the phone for free general admission tickets for Wednesday through Friday showings 😉 FREE
16. Tales from Tinseltown is a new storytelling show hosted by Megan Hayes (Hunger Games, Sleepy Hollow) and Oscar Sagastume (Multiple Moth Winner, Buzzfeed). Performers share some of Hollywood’s dirty secrets and maybe a few of their own. Tickets cost $5.
Thursday June 29th, 2017
17. The Moonlight Movies on the Beach continues with a a screening of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at Alamitos Beach on Thursday. FREE
18. KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Thursday they’ll take over the Santa Monica Pier with Lemaitre + Coast Modern + Hosted by KCRW DJ Validay. FREE
19. Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This Thursday they’ll be performing The Taming of the Shrew at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
20. The Grove in conjunction with Who What Wear are putting on a free movie screening under the stars every Thursday during the month of June. Screening this week is Coyote Ugly. FREE
21. Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. The series continues with Beauty and the Beast (2017). FREE
23. The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this week with The Buttertones and Pinky Pinky on Thursday. FREE
24. Take a Downtown Los Angeles foodie walking tour and savor what the bustling neighborhood has to offer. The tour is three hours long, participants will stop at six popular spots to eat and the tour guide will take folks through the history of DTLA. Happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. Black Rabbit Rose, part theater for magic and variety acts and part craft cocktail bar, takes you into their retro-style cabaret shows set in an intimate and mysterious setting. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. Free museum day at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
Friday June 30th, 2017
27. The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with DJ Nights, curated by Peanut Butter Wolf at Grand Park. FREE
28. Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This Friday they’ll be performing Macbeth at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro at 8 p.m. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
29. Celebrate summer while watching movies that rock (i.e. feature great music) during Outdoor Movies at the Skirball. This week they will screen That Thing You Do! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. Eco friendly hot yoga studio Modo Yoga hosts donation based Karma Classes every Friday at their La Brea and Echo Park locations.
31. The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this week with Vieux Farka Toure on Friday. FREE
32. Any weirdly obsessed Tom Cruise fans out there? Tom Gun LIVE: A Maverick’s Homage brings a raucous interactive parody show to the Regent chalked full of karaoke sing-a-longs, dance offs, audience fueled paper airplane battles, missiles ziplining through the crowd, and much more. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. The Port of Los Angeles presents the 9th Annual Cars & Stripes Forever an all ages pre-Independence Day celebration featuring over 100 classic cars, live bands, food trucks, a beer garden, and a fireworks grand finale. FREE
34. Constitution Happy Hour at AMMO at The Hammer continues this Friday with a focus on the question “Is hate speech protected under the Constitution? ”
35. Sip wine perched on a iconic L.A. hill that’s also home to an architectural gem at The Barnsdall Art Park’s annual Wine Tasting Nights. Now in its ninth year, the series feature tastings of boutique artisanal wines, along with food trucks, amazing food pop-ups and this Friday includes music from KCRW DJ Marion Hodges.
36. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
37. Greenbar Distillery is hosting a cocktail classes in Downtown LA this Friday with seasonal fresh produce cocktails using tequila, gin and rum.
38. 626 Night Market will take over Santa Anita Park with food vendors offering unique cuisine and merchandise, along with fun activities for all ages Friday through Sunday.
39. Metro Art Presents a showcase of free arts and cultural programs at historic Union Station. Produced by Metro Art, programs are open to all ages. This week folk artists Frank Fairfield and Meredith Axelrod will bring their unique sounds of classic American music in the Waiting Room. FREE
40. Cinema Under The Stars returns to Westwood Village with a free screening of The LEGO Batman Movie. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome. There will also be prizes, giveaways, and free snacks! FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].