You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] The annual Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade has been a beloved tradition since 1890. On new years day the parade will cover a five-and-a-half-mile route with ticketed and free viewing spots.
2. [10 a.m.] Free admission to The Autry on New Year’s Day.
3. [10:30 a.m.] It’s Dollar Beers & Sodas Day over at Santa Anita Park on New Years Day. If that’s not enough, $2 hot dogs will also be available.
4. [11 a.m.] Oshogatsu Family-Festival in Little Tokyo takes over three different locations with live entertainment, traditional food vendors, mochi making, music and more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Take a New Year hike in Griffith Park with Trail Mothers.
6. [noon] Get fully immersed in the holiday spirit during Winter Fest happening at the OC Fairgrounds from December 20, 2018 through January 6, 2019. A festival of lights, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall, a candy wonderland and Santa Claus are just a few of the magical things happening. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [5 p.m.] Discounted late nights at The Aquarium of the Pacific.
8. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 16, 2018 through January 6, 2019 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] There’s a Gilmore Girls experience coming to Warner Brothers Studios. From December 22 through January 6 fans can dine at Lorelai’s and then walk through sets like Lorelai and Rory’s home, the gazebo and town square all from the show.
10. [various] Fun Box Pop Up Museum is an immersive celebration of toys happening January 1 through 6. This interactive museum is open to all ages and offers 24 large-scale installations and exhibits designed by engineers and artists. Check for discounted tickets while supplies last via Goldstar. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar