You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The 2017 LA Art Show kicks off its first full day.
2. [6 p.m.] The DTLA Art Walk is back! For this edition the Art Walk will curate an exhibition entitled “We The People” featuring submissions by local artists regarding the challenges currently impacting our country’s social and political landscape. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Claiming Space: Collage in Cinema at MOCA.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Time Bandits this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7:45 p.m.] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East.
6. [8 p.m.] Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatres in Hollywood Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] “The Strange and Unusual Variety Hour for the Recently Deceased” at the Groundlings Theatre.
8. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen, Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum and Long Beach Museum of Art.
9. [various] Pasadena Cheeseburger Week continues.
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week continues.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix for Beauty and The Beast at Warner Grand Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar