You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, Jan. 16, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Free Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration at the California African American Museum. The festivities include includes art activities, music and food trucks, plus a marathon reading of MLK speeches. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Unity Celebration at Kidspace Museum.
3. [10:30 a.m.] The Peace & Unity Parade in Long Beach. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is offering free general admission on Monday for MLK Day, thanks to the folks by Target. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] The 32nd annual Kingdom Day Parade is the largest parade in the county honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. This year’s edition will start at 11 a.m. on Monday morning near the intersection of Leimert Blvd and Martin Luther King Blvd. FREE
6. [2 p.m.] California Sol MLK Day Rooftop Party at Ace Hotel. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Ale Academy at Angel City Brewery & Public House
8. [7:30 p.m.] That’s Gold – A Free Comedy Show hosted by Karl Hess & Nick Rutherford. FREE
9. [10 p.m.] Monday Night Tease at Three Clubs in Hollywood. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [11 p.m.] Arcade Currency Presents The Last Black Week In The White House at UCB Franklin.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for The Most Magical Valentine’s Day Anywhere at Magicopolis (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar