You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1.[9 a.m.] The Indie Beauty Expo is coming to DTLA’s California Market Center from Jan. 17-19.
2. [6 p.m.] The Broad Stage and Sotheby’s Institute of Art kicks off their brand-new series of art talks this Wednesday with five of California’s major art legends. Titled Artists Talks: LA Legends, this series explores the living legacy of Los Angeles’ art scene via enlightening conversations with influential artists. The series opens with Larry Bell, Billy Al Bengston, Robert Irwin, Ed Moses, and Ed Ruscha.
3. [6 p.m.] FLIXatFIG returns to the TASTE Food Hall at [email protected] with a free screening of Silver Linings Playbook starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] This week Glendale Arts POPUP! Intro to Music series continues with a intro to guitar workshop at Brand Library. Open to the public the event is free, but the organizers are encouraging a $5 donation from each participant.
5. [7 p.m.] Join Los Angeles magazine at the A+D Museum in DTLA for their 4th annual Best New Restaurants Celebration as they highlight some of their favorite local restaurants, chefs, and culinary masters.
6. [7 p.m.] Drink, Paint & Create at the Woodman LA. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble will host free previews for the Koan Unit’s production of “BECKETT 5” five rarely seen, short plays by Samuel Beckett from Jan. 18 to 20 at 8 p.m. The public must call in advance to reserve a seat, and mention WE LIKE LA for this freebie 😉
8. [8 p.m.] The Lincoln Center Theater production of The King and I is now playing at the Hollywood Pantages. Grab discounted tickets this week for performances Wednesday through Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] DineL.A. Restaurant Week continues through Jan. 27.
10. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week continues through 27
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to a Comedy Store Headliner Show with Michael Rosenbaum, Theo Von and Very Special Guests (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar