You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, Jan. 20, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7:30 p.m.] Every Friday of January, Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This weeks theme is New Orleans Cocktails.
2. [8 p.m.] Subliminal Projects, Shepherd Fairey’s illustrious gallery, located in Echo Park, debuts American Civics with an opening reception from 8 to 11 p.m.
3. [8 p.m.] Pancakes & Booze Art Show returns to Lot 613.
4. [8 p.m.] Inauguration Day Defiance Dance Party and Sing-Along at Three Clubs in Hollywood.
5. [8 p.m.] ROTATIONS: Imran Masood at Amoeba Hollywood. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble will host free previews for the Koan Unit’s production of “BECKETT 5” five rarely seen, short plays by Samuel Beckett from Jan. 18 to 20 at 8 p.m. The public must call in advance to reserve a seat, and mention WE LIKE LA for this freebie.
2. [all day] Free Rage Friday at Everybody Gym. FREE
8. [various] The Riot LA Comedy Festival Returns to DTLA Jan. 19-22.
9. [various] DineL.A. Restaurant Week continues through Jan. 27.
10. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week continues through 27
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 for Jessica Lange Dance at Ahmanson Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar