You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, January 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Asian American Expo returns to the Fairplex in Pomona on January 19 and 20 for two days of celebrating the Lunar New Year through food, art, and an immersive cultural experience.
2. [10 a.m.] Massive foodie market Smorgasburg LA in Downtown Los Angeles is open every Sunday and brings a massive roster of indie food pop ups, merchandise vendors and more at ROW DTLA. This weekend Beat Swap Meet and Smorgasburg LA will host Record Fair, a new monthly event taking place every third Sunday.
3. [10 a.m.] Fusing the world of anime and video games, Anime Impulse will feature celebrity appearances, esports, artist alleys, Kawaii fashion, and cosplay, all at the Fairplex in Pomona. Happening January 19 and 20.
4. [10:30 a.m.] The Record Parlour is hosting free vinyl days from January 19 through 21. Spend $20 and you get to take home up to 100 records for free. Bringing your own box or bag is recommended for this popular annual event.
6. [noon] Enjoy unlimited tastings of specialty and limited-edition beers during DTLA Breweries United Fest ’19. Taking place at Angel City Brewery, the brew-centric event proceeds will go directly to non-profit Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Los Angeles.
7. [noon] Every third Sunday of each month The Autry presents a Western Music Association Showcase from noon to 3 p.m. where musicians and cowboy poets perform stories and songs of the Old West. This event is free with your admission to the museum.
8. [noon] The Paley Center is currently hosting a Comedy Central Drunk History exhibit. Visitors will get to walk through large dioramas of scenes in episodes of the new season now till January 20, 2019. FREE
9. [noon] Cats On Glass Gallery is a pop-up from January 18-27 with a purpose, presented by Fresh Step Clean Paws. The “gallery” will feature a cat-lebrity Walk of Fame, a larger-than-life cat display, a yarn pom-pom room, a “me-owm” meditation room, and adoptable cats from spcaLA on view from a glass playhouse. Gallery hours are noon to 8 p.m. Located at 1147 Hope Street. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] Caltech Astronomy presents a lecture and lunar eclipse stargazing event this Sunday evening. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Use promo code WELIKELA to get 2 tickets for $30 to Beautycon POP, now extended through January 31.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar