You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Forest Lawn Museum’s latest exhibition Pigskin Peanuts is an homage to the late great Charles M. Schulz. Featuring 50 Sunday and daily football-themed comic strips and other Peanuts related objects, the family friendly exhibit will be on display from January 18 through March 15, 2018. Admission to the museum and parking is always free. FREE
2. [10:30 a.m.] Philippe The Original will once again host their popular Free Chili Day on Tuesday. Sponsored by Dolores Chili, Philippe will serve the first 500 people a free cup of chili, with or without beans, and all the fixins from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Fall Out Boy is stopping by Amoeba Hollywood this Tuesday for a special acoustic set.
4. [7 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme: Achilles Heel, stories about weaknesses and soft spots.
6. [8 p.m.] The Last Bookstore will present independent historian Raymond Caballero and his book on Pascual Orozco, a significant military leader in the Mexican Revolution. FREE
5. [8:30 p.m.] Comedy in English show at Hosteling International in Santa Monica. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Quick & Funny Musicals at the UCB Sunset.
8. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers.
9. [various] Dine on specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations through Taste of Alhambra Restaurant happening January 22-28
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $23 tix for Chamber Music + Wine Tasting at the Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.