You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, Jan. 26, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Taschen’s semi annual sale takes place at the North Beverly Drive location (Jan. 26-29) the sale is the perfect time to re stock your book shelves! Score discounts of 30% to 75% on display and slightly damaged titles in subjects like fashion, art, architecture, photography, music, interior design, pop culture, and more.
2. [11 a.m.] TechFair LA comes to The Magic Box at The REEF in Downtown Los Angeles.
3. [6 p.m.] ART+WINE Soirée with Dali is a reception, with electro flamenco entertainment and a ballroom dinner at the Hotel Normandie.
4. [7 p.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary’s 8th Annual Art Fair at Barker Hangar (Jan. 26-29) in Santa Monica will feature galleries from around the world and incorporate talks, presentations and performances by various artists.
5. [7 p.m.] The Cultural Services of the French Embassy presents a Night of Ideas a modern-day salon exploring past, present and future utopias throughout the 32 art galleries within Bergamot Station
6. [7 p.m.] Rest In Power: An Oakland Fire Relief Gathering at The Regent Theater.
7. [8 p.m.] The Lion at the Geffen Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum (all day), Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m,)
9. [various] DineL.A. Restaurant Week continues through Jan. 27.
10. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week continues through Jan. 27.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $49 to see The Book of Mormon at The Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar