You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Tuesday, January 30, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Forest Lawn Museum’s latest exhibition Pigskin Peanuts is an homage to the late great Charles M. Schulz. Featuring 50 Sunday and daily football-themed comic strips and other Peanuts related objects, the family friendly exhibit will be on display from January 18 through March 15, 2018. Admission to the museum and parking is always free. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Check out the brand new Batman ’66 retrospective at the Hollywood Museum. Highlights include original costumes and props from the 60’s T.V. Show, plus four distinct exhibit sections to check out: Wayne Manor, The Batcave, Gallery of Guest Super Villains, and The Collectibles of Batman ‘66. The retrospective continues through March 17.
3. [4:30 p.m.] Santa Monica Food Truck Lot.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Players Wanted: A Board Game Night at Meltdown Comics.
5. [7 p.m.] Join Los Angeles magazine at their headquarters for the 5th annual Best New Restaurants Celebration, where they’ll shine a spotlight on some of their favorite local restaurants, chefs, and culinary masters.
6. [8 p.m.] Gilbert and Sullivan’s Pirates of Penzance transforms the Pasadena Playhouse into a playground mixing actors and audience as reimagined by the Chicago theatre hooligans The Hypocrites now playing through February 25. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8:30 p.m.] Comedy in English at Hosteling International in Santa Monica. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Ironbound at the Geffen Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9:30 p.m.] Come hang with Doug Benson for Doug Loves Movies a live podcast with special guests about movies happening at UCB Franklin.
10. [3:45 am (tomorrow)] Stay up late to watch the total lunar eclipse at a public viewing party at Griffith Observatory. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to the Museum of Failure (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.