You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Saturday, January 6, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Bricks LA 2018 at Pasadena Convention Center (Jan. 6-7) will include over 13,000 square feet of custom made models, a play area for kids of all ages (adults included) and vendors selling new, used and vintage LEGO sets.
2. [9 a.m.] Old Pasadena Historical District is offering a walking excursion this Saturday.
4. [noon] Open House at Second City Hollywood returns on Saturday for a fun-filled day of free comedy workshops and shows. FREE
5. [3 p.m.] The LA Chocolate Festival & Pastry Show comes to the Omni Hotel in DTLA with some of the best chocolatiers and pastry chefs in Los Angeles. Confectionery treats will be paired with the world’s top champagnes, wines and spirits. Check for discount tickets while supples last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park continues at the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED
7. [7 p.m.]The Smell is having a weekend-long celebration for their 20th anniversary. Shows start at 7 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with $15 tickets available online (or $20 at the door, unless it’s sold out).
9. [8 p.m.] Fartbarg with Treasure Mammal, The Manx, and Slut Island at The Hi Hat.
10. [various] Discover the best in foreign-language cinema during the Golden Globe Nominees Series a week of special screenings from January 1–6 at the Egyptian and Aero Theatres. In addition there will be free panel discussion with the filmmakers, at the Egyptian Theatre on Saturday.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to see Method Mad and Redman at The Novo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.