You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 17, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Classic Horror Tuesday Matinees at LACMA will screen Mummy (1932) this Tuesday.
2. [7 p.m] The “Concrete” in Poetry and Art, a conversation at The Getty. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Mr. C Beverly Hills extends their popular Poolside Cinema series into fall every Tuesday evening, from October 10 through November 21. Visit the gorgeous yacht-inspired pool deck where you’ll ensconce yourself in a lounge chair for a film and elevated bites under the stars. The series continues with a screening of The Princess Bride.
4. [7 p.m.] The Moth Storytelling Competition at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme is Discovery. Competitors will prepare a five-minute stories about unearthing truth.
5. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club host two screenings at their rooftop locations. The Notebook at LEVEL in Downtown Los Angeles and The Shining at Montalban in Hollywood.
6. [8 p.m.] Runnin Down A Dream – A Tribute To Tom Petty at The Regent.
7. [8 p.m.] The Hollywood Roosevelt is hosting an “Endless Summer” Movie + Swim series every Tuesday night in October. Catch throwback films as you lounge by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool and enjoy a curated menu of food and drink offerings unique to each movie, this week it’s Labyrinth. All you need to do is rsvp to get in.
8. [8 p.m.] Stranger Things: The Musical Tribute at El Cid. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Harvelle’s Underground Comedy and Burlesque in Long Beach. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free admission days: Los Angeles County Arboretum (note: the tram doesn’t run on this day), South Coast Botanic Garden and Descanso Gardens
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 tix to see Shaun of the Dead at The Greek Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.