You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 18, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260 Sample Sale LA returns with a 3.1 Philip Lim sample sale at their Beverly Hills store October 18-22. Offering what they call “far below retail prices” the sale will have women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, accessories and the brands shoe collection.
2. [6 p.m] FLIX at FIG screens Beetlejuice at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Every first and third Wednesday of the month, BEAR CITY brings free comedy and free pizza to Que Sera in Long Beach. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
6. [8 p.m.] The Groundings’ The Crazy Uncle Joe Show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Head to Highland Park for Italo Horror Disco at The Offbeat for live performances, Italian horror films and DJ’s spinning Italo Disco and 80’s tunes.
8. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club are back with two screenings at their rooftop locations. Close Encounters of the Third Kind at LEVEL in Downtown Los Angeles and The Exorcist at Montalban in Hollywood.
9. [8 p.m.] Horse Thief BBQ, located at Grand Central Market, will screen Hocus Pocus on their patio this Wednesday. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] An Evening of Latin Jazz at The Edison. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 tix to see Shaun of the Dead at The Greek Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.