You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, October 2, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30 everyday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, a little light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the 87-acre grounds. Great for families and Halloween costumes are welcome.
2. [10 a.m.] Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season this year with a new “Nocturnal Adventure” maze and favorites like the Zoo’s “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, a puppet show, pumpkin-carving demos, special animal feedings and other family-oriented fun.
3. [5 p.m.] Grab dinner On the Lot in Los Feliz where an array of gourmet food trucks are ready to serve you. Taking place at Our Mother of Good Counsel from 5 – 8:30 p.m.
4. [7 p.m.] DTLA Talks: LA Metro – Past, Present & Future. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] A Tribute to Sam Shepard at the Bootleg Theater
6. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club will screen Paradigm Lost presented by Red Bull Media House at their Montalban rooftop location in Hollywood followed by a Q&A by surfer and director Kai Lenny.
7. [8:30 p.m.] The Buddy Rich Big Band performs at the Catalina Bar & Grill. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [10 p.m.] Pretty Pretty Pony at Mi Westside Comedy Theater.
9. [various] Beyond Fest returns from Sept. 29 through Oct. 10 with 12 days of special screenings from around the globe at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.
10. [various] Celebrate the art of the music video during the 7th Annual Los Angeles Music Video Festival, taking place over seven nights from October 1-7 at various L.A. locations
DEAL OF THE DAY: $42.50 tix for Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Hit Musical In the Heights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.