You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 24, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season. Highlights include a “Nocturnal Adventure” maze, “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, pumpkin-carving demos and other family-oriented fun.
2. [1 p.m] Classic Horror Tuesday Matinees at LACMA will screen The Invisible Man this Tuesday.
8. [6 p.m.] Antibalas at Amoeba Hollywood.
3. [7 p.m.] Mr. C Beverly Hills extends their popular Poolside Cinema series into fall every Tuesday evening, from October 10 through November 21. Visit the gorgeous yacht-inspired pool deck where you’ll ensconce yourself in a lounge chair for a film and elevated bites under the stars. The series continues with a screening of My Girl.
4. [7 p.m.] The iconic Hollywood Roosevelt is hosting an “Endless Summer” Movie + Swim series every Tuesday night in October. Catch throwback films as you lounge by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool and enjoy a curated menu of food and drink offerings unique to each movie, this week it’s The Lost Boys. All you need to do is rsvp to get in.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Learn about the many vibrant regional cuisines of Mexico through in-depth lectures, cooking demonstrations, tastings, and hands-on participation during Flavors of Mexico. Taking place at the Skirball Cultural Center, the monthly series kicks off with Gilberto Cetina of Holbox, formerly chef at Chichen Itza sharing his recipe for Yucatán fish.
6. [7:30 p.m.] After multiple sold-out performances in New York, Boston and Los Angeles, Feathers of Fire: A Persian Epic will make its debut at The Wallis in Beverly Hills. Feathers of Fire is a dazzling show of shadow puppetry “live animation” of a 10th-century book of Persian poetry played out on a cinema-size screen. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club are back with a screening of a Beetlejuice at Montalban in Hollywood.
9. [8 p.m.] The Butchering Art with Lindsey Fitzharris at the Last Bookstore. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Marty O’Reilly & The Old Soul Orchestra at the Hi Hat.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $7.50 tix to Winter Fest at the OC Fairgrounds (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.