You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, November 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
SPECIAL REMINDER: The Woolsey Fire continues to affect tens of thousands of Angelenos. We just want to be sure you’re aware of the current evacuation zones and repopulation timelines for the greater Los Angeles Area. For more info, check this list of links per L.A. County. If you’re interested in assisting victims or providing relief to those in need, LAist has an excellent list of options here. Stay safe everyone!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Take a look into renowned architect Sou Fujimoto’s work at the Japan House’s new exhibit “Futures of the Future.” The showcase will explore the award winning ideas and themes used throughout Fujimoto’s career. Over 100 live scale replicas will be present. The exhibit will run from Oct. 27 – Dec. 12. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] RAW WINE Los Angeles is the world’s leading natural, low-intervention organic and biodynamic wine fair. Taking place in DTLA, over 100 vendors, makers and growers will be in attendance.
3. [noon] Cole’s, L.A.’s oldest restaurant and bar, turns 110 this year! On Monday celebrate National French Dip Day with the originators of the sandwich with a $10 French Dip & Martini combo special served all day.
4. [4 p.m.] There’s a Wizards and Witches themed game night going down at Scum and Villainy Cantina this Monday.
5. [5 p.m.] Yogis and animal lovers finally have the perfect workout activity thanks to Golden Road Brewery. Goat Yoga on the Lawn is going down this Monday at their L.A. location.
6. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats every Monday and Tuesday now until Nov. 27 for a night of curated special programming. Presented by The France Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Gary Clark Jr. plays the Fonda Theater.
9. [various] The annual AFI FEST (Nov. 8-15) returns to Hollywood for 2018 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
10. [various] California State Parks will honor veterans, active duty and reserve military by offering free admission to 144 state parks this Monday in observance of Veterans Day. Just show a valid military ID to receive free admission.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.