You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, November 18, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Head down to The Autry on Saturday and Sunday for the Latin American Bazaar a specially crafted artisan market that includes clothing, rugs, pottery and more. Admission is free.
2. [10 a.m.] Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair returns to Pasadena (November 17-18) with over 200 handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products. Admission is free!
3. [10 a.m.] Fans of toys and artistic design will find something to love at this year’s DesignerCon, taking place from Nov. 16 – 18 at the Anaheim Convention Center. The event sees a wide array of collectible designer apparel, customs, toys, and more for participants to explore and shop. Note that Friday is for VIP pass holders only.
4. [11 a.m.] Take part in this year’s infamous Pasadena Doo Dah Parade, which features a colorful cast of misfits, art cars, floats and more, followed by an afterparty.
5. [11 a.m.] The Patchwork Show is a large showcase of handmade and artisan crafts and creations. Support some of the best independent creators throughout Southern California by buying local this holiday.
6. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted: Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 18 through January 6, 2019.
7. [6 p.m.] The 2018 Depeche Mode Convention returns for another year of live musical tributes, DJ sets, rare videos, contests, collectibles and much more.
8. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 16, 2018 through January 6, 2019 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [7:30 p.m.] The 17th Annual California Christmas at the Grove will feature a tree lighting ceremony, with magical snow fall, a fireworks show, an appearance by Santa and a special performance by CBS A Home for the Holidays’. FREE
10. [9:30 p.m.] Come take a look at what many would consider to be a lost art – the freak show during Hellzapoppin Circus SideShow. The event, which is being touted as the world’s largest, involves several colorful characters including the Lizard Man, Escape artist Nik Sin and several more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar