You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, November 22, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
6. [2 & 8 p.m.] Spamilton a parody that celebrates and roasts the Broadway musical will make its West Coast premiere at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City. Happening all weekend. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] Enchanted: Forest of Light returns to Descanso Gardens this Sunday offering guests a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within Descanso Garden including the Oak Grove and the Japanese Garden. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7:30 p.m.] Horse Thief BBQ, located at Grand Central Market, will screen Christmas Vacation on their patio this Wednesday. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Something Rotten! a hilarious new musical comedy tells the story of brothers playwrights overshadowed by the great Will Shakespeare. Follow them as they try to steal the spotlight and end up unexpectedly end up writing the world’s very first musical. The show runs November 21 through December 30. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [9 p.m.] Dub Club presents the Annual Thanksgiving Eve Party! FREE (before 10 p.m.)
7. [10 p.m.] There’s a “Pre Thanksgiving Pop Off” happening at The Reserve. It’s called Black Out Wednesday so good luck remembering it tomorrow!
9. [various] Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
10. [various] Head to Figat7th in DTLA to check out Monumental Words an art installation on view November 20, 2017 through February 17, 2018. The glowing display of three massive word sculptures will have you experience the power of words through art. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30 tix for Beer Advocate’s Extreme Beer Fest at California Market Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.