You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, December 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] There’s a Junk Food clothing sample sale happening Dec. 13-15 in Culver City with loads of fun t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and more on sale.
2. [2 p.m.] History of Central Avenue at the California African American Museum. FREE
3. [2 p.m.] The folks behind the Museum of Failure presents The Disgusting Food Museum (Dec. 9, 2018 through Feb. 17, 2019.) Some of the ‘delicacies’ include maggot infested cheese, bull testicles, and sheep eyeballs. If you’re brave enough, visitors will also get to smell and taste some of the creations at the end of the exhibit over at a tasting bar. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [3 p.m.] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
5. [5 p.m.] NoMad Los Angeles gets in the holiday spirit with a Holiday Spectacular cocktail pop up every Thursday through Saturday evening from 5-11 p.m. in the Coffee Bar. Guests will enjoy “Naughty” and “Nice” cocktails from the NoMad team as well as guest bartenders from some of the best bars around town.
6. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a month-long nighttime light attraction featuring 19 large scale interactive light installations by local artists. Open to the public from December 1 – 25, 2018. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] The Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts, art galleries and locals together every second Thursday of each month for a night of exploration. This month they welcome back the Krampus Run on a closed-off block of Winston between Main and Los Angeles. Expect dozens of Krampuses running wild between 8-9 p.m. In addition, DTLA Art Walk will team up with Spring Arts Collective for their annual group exhibition inside The Last Bookstore. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 16, 2018 through January 6, 2019 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar
9. [8 p.m.] Jason Reitman and Ellen Page Present a Casablanca Live Read at the Theatre at Ace Hotel. Proceeds to benefit the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice.
10. [various] Free museum day: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m,)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar